Underwriting Specialist, Management Liability
Compensation: $96,570.00 - $157,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for a Market Facing Underwriter for our Management Liability team handling Public D&O, EPL, Fiduciary and Crime business. This position would sit in our New York office.
This is a highly technical, and market facing position. As a member of Zurich's Specialty Underwriting Team, you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills. Specifically, you will underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing The Zurich Way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels.
Our Underwriters are market-facing with objectives focused on profitable growth and superior service to our broker partners and customers.
Our Market Facing Underwriter is responsible for:
* Generating, underwriting and analyzing public company Directors & Officers, Fiduciary, Fidelity and Employment Practices Liability for Zurich's Mid-Atlantic Southeast underwriting team
* Market facing and production activities within Management Solutions Group
* Complying with underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
* Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
* Working within broad limits and authorities on complex assignments
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 1 or more years of experience in the Insurance area
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
* Knowledge of legal and regulatory guidelines
* Knowledge of Microsoft office
* Bachelor's Degree
* Knowledge of public risks a plus
* Ability to effectively assess risk
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong broker relationships
* Superior skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiation.
* Possess a high level of customer service by meeting or exceeding broker and or customer expectations with respect to required deadlines
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
* Experience working within time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
* Experience working in a fast-paced team environment.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...