Senior Underwriting Specialist, Management Liability
Compensation: $70,050.00 - $101,960.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Insurance
Zurich Insurance is currently looking for a Senior Underwriting Specialist for our Corporate D&O team in our New York office. The ideal candidate will work in a team setting to underwrite and perform financial analysis for public companies within Zurich's Management Solutions Group with specific focus on D&O, EPL, Fiduciary and Crime business in our Mid-Atlantic Southeast region.
* Generating, underwriting and analyzing public company Directors & Officers, Fiduciary, Fidelity and Employment Practices Liability
* Participating in one-on-one and group underwriting meetings to gather information on risk profiles from top company executives
* Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships through sales-oriented marketing strategies
* Cross-Selling other lines of business to increase Zurich product density with the account
* Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules.
* Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments.
* Working with Senior Placement Brokers and Executives of our Insureds.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
* High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
* Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
* Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
* Experience working in a team environment
* Bachelors Degree
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Microsoft Office experience
* In depth knowledge with Professional Liability lines of business to include Directors & Officers, Fiduciary and Employment Practices Liability.
* Existing broker relationships in the assigned territory
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve.
Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world.
Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Associated topics: adjuster, bodily, casualty, claim examiner, claim investigator, fraud, insurance, insurance investigator, liability, liability adjuster
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...