QA, Software Development Engineer, Test
Compensation: $115,530.00 - $170,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
About the team
StreetEasy is New York City's leading real estate marketplace. We provide buyers, sellers, and renters with access to comprehensive sales and rental listings, and information about all buildings and neighborhoods that can't be found anywhere else. Our team is constantly innovating to develop unique solutions to help consumers and real estate professionals connect, and navigate the complex NYC real estate market.
All devs take advantage of our 20% policy to further their craft by taking online courses or working on their special tech-debt side project to improve their (and everyone else's) codebase.
About the role
StreetEasy is seeking an exceptional Senior SDET who wants to join a talented team that is building fast, beautiful and innovative tools to change how people buy and rent homes. We are a technology driven group who constantly strive to use the best engineering methods available to build and test cutting edge products.
This includes a chance to:
* Impact the local New York City market; work with highly accomplished teammates from multiple areas using the latest industry tools and new technology to advance your own technical vision.
* Work at one of New York's most highly-rated workplaces, enjoying the best of both worlds between a large company (stability) and a small startup (growth potential).
* Play a meaningful role on a mission-critical team that builds, tests, and maintains data and information seen by millions of people.
* Support cross-functional teams on testing tools and frameworks so that writing tests is seamless and can be undertaken by any developer on the team.
* Drive quality within the team by writing automated tests for features.
* Enjoy an outstanding work-life balance.
Who you are
* You have an Undergraduate or Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. science, engineering, mathematics, information systems) or equivalent experience.
* Have at least 2-3 years of experience as an automation or software engineer in a collaborative environment. You have worked with Customer Support, Product Managers, DevOps, and other engineers.
* Familiar with the testing pyramid and how different granularity of testing is used.
* You have strong verbal and written communication skills and can explain technical systems to non-technical audiences.
* You have experience organizing, maintaining, and improving legacy automated tests to increase team efficiency.
* You have authored test automation regression suites from scratch.
* You are familiar with risk mitigation, specifically for impact vs effort.
* You champion the best testing practices across the testing team.
* You are eager to learn new tech and real estate industry knowledge to grow your career.
* Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
Get to know us
StreetEasy is New York City's leading local real estate marketplace providing accurate and comprehensive for-sale and for-rent listings from hundreds of real estate brokerages throughout New York City and the major NYC metropolitan area. StreetEasy is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, backend, back end, c c++, matlab, python, sde, software development engineer, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...