YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market and generate passive income.YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine Finance, Legal Finance & Commercial loans. We're headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world's most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
What You'll Do
You will be part of a core engineering team building the world's most robust lending platform to connect Investors with borrowers. You are a self-motivated hacker and tinkerer that can wear many hats and is excited to build business applications that drive revenue and delight our customers. You are entrepreneurial in nature and balance between building the coolest product using the bleeding edge technology with an eye on go to market timing and established stable technologies. As a back-end engineer you're obsessed with the ideas of performance, scale and well-designed, well-abstracted, reusable code. You have a strong sense of personal responsibility towards building the most efficient and easy to use APIs for your primary constituency - front-end developers. Most importantly, you can't sleep peacefully if your APIs leave stack traces or don't respond within 30 milliseconds no matter what they do.
* Work with a diverse global team of engineers, designers and product managers to build truly innovative technology products for the alternative investments space * Build and ship robust an online lending marketplace and investment management platform on a Java (Play/Lagom) microservices stack. * Develop and maintain a growing repository of microservices serving a range of front-end applications and devices, both internal and public-facing
* Experience with Akka and the Lagom framework is a big plus * Strong knowledge of and interest in microservices and reactive programming * Previous entrepreneurial venture or early stage start-up experience * Experience in building marketplaces, financial services & technology
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
* Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind * Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis * Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
* Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions * Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly * Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
* Bring a focus of YieldStreet's vision to your day to day tasks * Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact * Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
* Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions * Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions * Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskeys at the company bar.
We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
* Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!