- Processes a variety of customer transactions accurately and efficiently in adherence to bank policies and regulations such as cashing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals, loan payments, cash advances, transfers, and issuing monetary instruments.
- Performs opening, closing, and other branch servicing duties such as cash and vault balancing; ordering cash, cards, checks and other supplies; completing logs, reports, audits and control checks; maintaining and servicing automated teller machines; and cleaning work areas.
Opens and performs account maintenance on certificate of deposit, consumer and business accounts; assists with courtesy and collection calls as needed; offers assistance to less knowledgeable branch staff when necessary.
- Addresses customer questions and concerns by phone and in person; files disputes or refers to appropriate internal resources for resolution as appropriate.
Proactively seeks ways to develop and expand customer relationships through marketing displays, call programs, and other prospecting techniques.
Achieves personal sales and referral goals by identifying, marketing, and cross-selling banking products and services beneficial to customer needs.
- Enhances customer satisfaction and the professional reputation of the Bank by warmly greeting, engaging, and developing good professional relationships with customers and host retail partners.
Practices branch security procedures and protects customer confidentiality and privacy.
- Performs other job related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Proficiency with 10 key touch, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint), and knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn, banking software applications (Mozart, TellerPlus, Bancline).
- Ability to work flexible or extended working hours to meet business needs; demonstrated good attendance and punctuality.
- Customer service orientation with effective problem solving abilities and the ability to maintain composure and convey a positive attitude while interacting with customers and internal team members.
- Outstanding listening and communications skills, both written and verbal.
Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn banking and lending products, services, policies, procedures, regulatory guidelines, and effective marketing and sales practices.
Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures and guidelines.
Self motivated, goal oriented, team player with strong interpersonal skills and sales aptitude.
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast pace environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
Basic math proficiency with the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in order to help customers with their transactions and balance teller drawer .
Read at a level sufficient to understand memoranda, instructions, forms, applications, financial statements and credit reports.
Formal Education & Certification
- 3 5 years customer service or sales experience
- Previous banking experience is preferred but not required
- Cash handling experience preferred.
Work StatusSupervisory ResponsibilityTravel
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 0% - Negligible amount of travel expected.
Associated topics: banking product, banking service, banking solution, loan, mortgage, mortgage loan originator, mortgage officer, mortgage underwriter, personal banker iii, sell