Vice President, Health Strategy
Compensation: $205,500.00 - $205,500.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. They help customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2018 annual revenues of ?4.3 billion ($4.84 billion USD). The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide.
Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
Wolters Kluwer Health Overview: Every day around the world, healthcare professionals, students, and researchers are making important decisions on patient care and outcomes using integrated solutions, premium content and productivity tools. Wolters Kluwer Health solutions are focused in the areas of Clinical Decision Support, Clinical Drug Information, Patient Engagement, Clinical Terminologies, Clinical Surveillance, Nursing Education, Medical Education, Allied Health Education and Medical Research. These solutions are delivered by three market-centered business units: Health Learning, Research and Practice (HLRP); Clinical Effectiveness; and Clinical Software Solutions. Wolters Kluwer Health reported 2018 annual revenues of ?1.3 billion and is the trusted leader for clinical intelligence solutions that power the optimal performance of healthcare organizations.
Business Units of Wolters Kluwer Health
Clinical Effectiveness Business Unit: (Annual revenue run rate of ?580 million).
Wolters Kluwer's Clinical Effectiveness solutions help healthcare professionals measurably improve the quality and effectiveness of care. They provide evidence-based clinical content and advanced decision support technology wherever healthcare professionals are working so they can make the best possible decisions for their patients.
Their trusted point-of-care solutions improve clinical effectiveness by providing consistent and harmonized content that standardizes the quality of care, enhances the patient experience and reduces costs.
Health, Learning, Research, and Practice Business Unit: (Annual revenue run rate of ?650 million).
HLRP helps clinicians deliver better patient outcomes through digital solutions for healthcare education, certification, reference and research in more than 140 countries. Their Ovid research platform is the #1 medical research platform in hospitals and medical schools, while their Lippincott brand is highly valued by doctors, nurses and allied health professionals. Their offerings range from print books to innovative technology-enabled solutions that include virtual simulation and adaptive quizzing tools.
Clinical Software Solutions Business Unit: (Annual revenue run rate of ?60 million)
Clinical Software Solutions is a business unit within Wolters Kluwer focused on empowering healthcare organizations to make critical business and clinical decisions with confidence, through the integration of our technologies, clinical expertise, content assets, and predictive analytical insights.
Scope & Responsibilities:
The Vice President, Strategy-Health, will serve as a thought leader and trusted advisor to the CEO of Wolters Kluwer Health, also providing proactive collaboration with business and functional leaders within Health, to continue to shape strategic innovation of the Health business portfolio. This is a pivotal time for WK Health to embrace the success of several acquisitions and determine the sustaining strategic initiatives that drive technology enabled growth across the healthcare landscape, as well strategies for original roots of the business. This individual will be instrumental to creating/leading the framework, methodologies, and insights fostering a strong focus on driving innovation, transformative initiatives, and organic growth. This is a role for someone who has a high level of energy, is innovative and experienced in driving a business to its next stage of growth. The individual in this role will provide proactive collaboration partnering with internal stakeholders and business heads to identify growth strategies during a dynamic transformational time. This person will embrace the business state of products and market position and drive innovative thinking where current assets can be leveraged, enhanced, and/or changed; thus, continuing WK's journey of innovative leadership embracing technology solutions for providers and payers. This person will be front and center in collaborating with key executives providing insights and leadership of growth strategies and execution of such which are aligned to the Company's strategic plan. This individual will bring practical abilities to connecting the dots of strategy and what is impactful in helping to form what and how to execute--drive true business performance results.
* Drive the development of the 3-year strategic and financial plan, working in close conjunction with business units, functional partners and the Corporate Strategy team.
* Identify growth opportunities for WK Health in partnership with the Corporate Strategy team that spans all Wolters Kluwer divisions, building plans and buy-in with the appropriate leaders, including those within the Health Division.
* Support the organization in achieving its strategic objectives by helping design, implement and monitor large programs that span scaling for growth, transformation, innovation and driving operational excellence.
* Deliver high quality strategic projects where business case has substantiated, and actionable plans may be launched and realized.
* Articulate strategic challenges and opportunities as they surface while implementing the framework and integrating all into the Division strategy to support, execute and drive organic growth.
* Develop in-depth knowledge of key competitors, identify and assess sources of competitive advantage, and develop compelling \"where to play/how to win\" strategic recommendations. Assess the threat of potential market disruptors, evaluate possible outcomes, determine appropriate mitigating strategies, and influence leaders to act on recommendations.
* In conjunction with Health Leadership, identify, evaluate and negotiate external strategic partnerships or alliances that benefit the underlying base business. Identifying and driving strategic relationships with large technology companies is also a priority.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor Degree in business-related discipline; MBA preferred.
* A minimum of 15+ years of business experience, for which has encompassed experience rooted in strategy consulting and has evolved into experience in a corporate strategy function.
* Experience working with customers within healthcare landscape---i.e., providers and payers, which is contemporary to the dynamics of healthcare during the last 10 years.
* Expert stakeholder management and influencing skills; strong
Associated topics: biomedical, cytometry, drug discovery, health, histotechnologist, immunology, nutrition, nutritionist, toxicologist, virus
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...