Assist the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Lead and develop Team Members.
- Set and achieve the highest standards of retail execution.
- Help foster a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Partner with Team Leader to select, train, develop, mentor, motivate and counsel Team Members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Model and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Follow through on all customer questions, requests, and resolve concerns as needed.
- Maximize productivity and efficiency through proper scheduling.
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Work with the Team Leader to achieve sales, margin, expense, and labor targets.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and regularly incorporate new products into the overall product mix.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building and leadership skills
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Proficient mathematical skills to calculate margin, monitor profitability, and manage inventory
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Desired Work Experiences
- Grocery / Retail
- 1+ year of Leadership experience
- Customer Service Focus
- Store Operations (Inventory, Labor Management, Cost Control)
- Team Oriented
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.