Produce Sales Associate
Compensation: $63,170.00 - $108,320.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our produce associates assist the customer by stocking and rotating merchandise to ensure fresh, high quality fruits and vegetables. The following list serves as a sample of commonly performed duties.
- Follow company guidelines for providing quality customer service by greeting customers with a smile, offering assistance, suggesting alternatives when necessary and thanking them for shopping. Always maintain a positive and friendly attitude. Answer customer questions.
- Ensure fresh quality merchandise by rotating stock, using proper product handling procedures, and controlling damages according to company procedures and standards.
- Receive and unload incoming merchandise. Unpack boxes and crates of merchandise, clean and trim produce, stock display areas with new merchandise. Ensures that product has been properly priced with correct signage. Assist with ordering and handling special requests from time to time. Responsible for maintaining conditions of the sales floor, cooler, prep area, and backroom to company standards.
- Must be familiar with and have knowledge of produce merchandise such as fruits, vegetables, organics, and specialty items. Generate sales by suggestive selling.
- Follow company, state, and federal regulations for proper food handling and complete required product logs. Adhere to safety guidelines while utilizing equipment and utensils.
- Ensure smooth workflow within department by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Strive to continuously improve job performance.
- Follow sanitation guidelines to maintain department conditions. Ensure compliance with health regulations, weights requirements, and measures and labeling laws according to company, state, federal and OSHA regulations. Dispose of trash properly.
- Complete other job duties as requested by management.
Job Requirements Education and Experience
Current student, High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred Knowledge and Skills
Must have ability and dexterity to lift 60 pounds with ease. Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment utilized in moving merchandise. Experience dealing with customers helpful. Ability to multi-task. Must be attentive to detail. Physical Requirements
Lifting up to 60 lbs
Reaching and bending for extended periods
Sight and peripheral vision
Communication (both verbal & written) * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...