- Waters Corporation
- $92,760.00 -148,980.00/year*
130 E Washington St
As a Mass Spectrometry Applications Chemist in the Waters, Beverly, MA demonstration lab, you will get the opportunity to work on a variety of internal and external customer projects. These projects will cover a broad range of applications in the Food & Environment and Materials areas using Water mass spectrometry products.
* Develop analytical methods in an efficient manner for the analysis of customer sample sets using Waters equipment.
* Present results of analyses on customer samples to customers either in live demonstrations, in webinars/webcasts or in written reports.
* Provide LC-MS/MS technical sales support to customers.
* Assist the Waters sales force by being a technical resource on Waters mass spectrometry products.
* Interact with the Waters World Wide Marketing teams to further the development of Waters products and applications.
* A degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry required, advanced degree preferred.
* Instrumentation: Good understanding on the principles of mass spectrometers. In depth knowledge of triple/tandem quadrupole mass spectrometers or ToF mass spectrometers (both desirable).
* Demonstrated experience (minimum of 2 years) of analytical method development with a focus on small molecule applications.
* LC/MS/MS experience preferred.
* Good presentation skills for oral presentations to customers with a track record of presentations.
* Good writing skills for preparation of reports on sample analyses.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Associated topics: biochemistry, ceramic, coating, formulation, glass, latex, material, material science, polyurethane, rubber
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.