SQL Database Administrator (Vinton)
Compensation: $97,050.00 - $151,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
SQL Database Administrator
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve tough problems? Our teams at
Client are comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients
through their most complex technology challenges. If you are seeking a role that offers you
the opportunity to work with clients through critical issues, consider at Client.
Work you'll do
This position is for a Microsoft SQL Server database administrator. The successful candidate
will maintain SQL Server database environments in an enterprise environment consisting of
approximately 1200 Windows servers. This position is responsible for development and
sustainment of SQL Server 2012 failover clusters and migration of various disparate SQL
Server environments onto the clusters. The successful candidate will standardize,
consolidate, and optimize the existing SQL Server environments and monitor and maintain
database performance. The successful candidate will also collaborate with internal and
external customers to gather requirements for special processing, and work and track issues
to resolution using an in-house ticket system. Responsibilities include:
" Design, install, configure, audit, and maintain highly available enterprise database
" Monitor backups on all enterprise databases
" Perform routine disaster recovery testing scenarios
" Troubleshoot and maintain database performance, including the proposal of short
term fixes, long term solutions, and the regular scheduling of index maintenance and
database integrity checks
" Establish and maintain database policies and standards
" Generate database schema definitions and modifications as required
" Refresh data from one processing environment to another as required
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated
systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and
definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to
enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate
processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business
by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing
technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application
architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process
management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and
large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
CompTIA Security+ certification
Computing Environment (CE) Certification
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (or higher) certification
Active Secret clearance
Must be legally authorized
to work in the United States without the need
for employer sponsorship, now or at any time
in the future
Five or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition
and all facets of database administration
Five or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server High Availability
features: Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, Database Mirroring, AlwaysOn
Working knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs),
Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts, and Information Assurance
Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
Experience with SQL Server 2016 (or higher)
Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Experience with Microsoft Azure
Refer a friend and make up to $2000! Contact us for details.Eligibility Requirements:
About Virpie Tech:
- Candidate MUST satisfy 80% of job requirements to submit resume. Candidates who are clearly unqualified (less than 60% skill match), orlacks legal work status will be rejected & reported.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation, reference verification and drug screen.
- For U.S. employment opportunities we accept U.S. citizens and permanent resident applicants. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on candidate's willingness for their visa to be sponsored by Virpie (if position permits). Virpie will require proof of work authorization.
- SORRY, NO CORPORATE TO CORPORATE (CORP. 2 CORP. / C2C) APPLICANTS will be considered for this position. Candidates must be willing to work on Virpie or client's W2.
- A certified (WBENC/NMSDC) woman-owned and minority-owned consulting firm since 1997, providing a complete range of staffing services to Fortune 500 companies nationwide across a broad spectrum of industries. Additional offices nationwide, UK, Dubai, and India.
- We consult with candidates to understand their personal goals before discussing technical skills and offer an opportunity to succeed. The enthusiasm our employees bring to work extends to their personal life, and we encourage a healthy balance of work and life.
- Virpie has won awards for Top 50 Diversity Business, Fortune 50 Company, Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Company, and Diversity Business Top 500 Business.
- Virpie is an Equal Opportunity Employer; welcoming diversity as a competitive advantage
- We honor our Veterans
- Charitable donations to our community in a new hire's honor for permanent placements
- Visit us at: www.virpietech.com
Associated topics: data architect, data engineer, data integration, data integrity, data management, database, etl, erp, mongo database, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...