Video Product Manager - Consumer Product
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
What you'll be doing...
Verizon's consumer video product strategy is dynamically evolving based on marketplace dynamics, and an infusion of new technology and solutions for customers to fully realize the benefits/superiority of Verizon's 5G Home, Fios Broadband and Wireless products. Verizon's vision to create a rich and compelling video platform is essential to maintaining industry leadership in home and mobile solutions. This role will support the development of services and device capabilities designed to differentiate the video experiences for our customers, as well as producing new revenue opportunities.
Verizon's Consumer Products team is seeking an experienced Product Manager with a Business Development background to drive video service and device partnerships. You will be responsible for managing the product development process of the program including the following responsibilities:
* Map out market dynamics and competitive landscape in the consumer video sourcing and delivery technology sectors.
* Identify and establish strategic relationships with potential video partners such as vMVPD and SVOD OTT providers, critical device developers, traditional and emerging content sources, and other sources of consumer video market disruption.
* Structure, negotiate, and execute partnership programs via contracts and SOWs. Serve as primary product lead for partnership engagement and refinement of mutually beneficial business terms.
* Analyze and discover new insights that will translate into emerging products and services that will delight Verizon customers and reassert the strength of Verizon core services. Identify high value extension opportunities and gaps within existing portfolio.
* Research and keep current on video technology trends, primarily within the evolving OTT, mobile ecosystem/value chain, and adjacent monetization opportunities (e.g., next gen digital advertising), as well as key players within segments and current/emerging business models.
* Propose/Define technical projects based on our roadmap and their associated deliveries/milestones collaboratively with our partners.
* Work with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders to ensure partnerships are nurtured and in alignment with the company's strategic objectives.
* Proactively develop/manage an opportunity pipeline, perform KPI based project management, and maintain evaluation processes.
What we're looking for...
A passionate advocate for the customer and a champion for change, willing to challenge the status quo.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, computer science/engineering, finance/economics or related fields or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Six or more years of experience with Product Development or Marketing teams.
* Experience in video delivery, either traditional linear or OTT, or consumer technology.
* Experience conducting and compiling consumer customer research.
* Experience in negotiating and closing high impact business partnerships.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Two or more years of business development, management consulting, or corporate M&A experience; investment banking and/or venture/PE investing experience.
* Experience leading cross-functionally in a highly matrixed environment.
* Experience managing a P&L and evaluating return on investment for product and/or marketing initiatives.
* Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills, as well as an aptitude for using data to inform decisions.
* Ability to exhibit leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships, and collaborating with internal and external partners.
* Ability to deal with multi-dimensional problems with an innovative, flexible and solutions-oriented approach.
* Good in accountability in managing programs, from strategy development through execution.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and are a strong communicator (both verbally and written).
* Ability to advocate in support of Verizon's strategic objectives and market advantage, while discerning the value for an external partner to establish mutually beneficial partnerships.
When you join Verizon...
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...