Construction Manager (Vinton)
Compensation: $111,680.00 - $170,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Construction Manager - Full Performance will coordinate and oversee the completion of all phases of the project cycle of facilities-related (CONUS and OCONUS) construction projects. The responsibilities of a CM-FP include, but not limited:
- Collaborating and coordinating with the Project Program Manager to collect requirements, prepare statements of work (SOW), conduct market research, develop sole source justification (if appropriate), and conduct technical reviews
- Reviewing designs submittals for changes to government facilities, managing project design and construction effort.
- Conducting construction project pre-bid and pre-construction site visits.
- Managing and evaluating contractor performance.
- Integrating and coordinating the project with field personnel.
- Assisting theU.S. Government Technical Manager in construction contractor performance evaluation during and post contract closeout.
- Conducting construction inspections to ensure conformance to design specifications and building codes.
- Entering contract status and other project data in MAXIMO or other applicable information technology systems.
- Preparing and distributing project communication with clients, management, integrated project teams, and stakeholders.
- Assisting the contracting officer and contracting officer's technical representative (COTR) with project acquisition planning, execution, and administration.
- Reviewing and offering recommended approval or rejection of design packages, shop drawings and submittals.
- Evaluating project solicitations, proposals, quotes, and proposed change requests.
- Traveling domestically or overseas for the Government, as required
Location(s): Northern Virginia - Mclean, VA
Education: HS diploma or GED and 5 years of experience in a professional work environment or service in the US Armed Forces with an honorable dischargeQualifications
- U.S. Citizenship with valid, current State Driver's License and U.S. Passport.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with facility or construction work
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with the project management of a technical aspect of commercial or government interior design or construction projects
- Knowledge of building codes and ADA requirements
- Knowledge of Information Technology (IT), mechanical, electrical, or communication systems, systems furniture and specifications, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite and Project software packages
- Ability to work within and across US government organizations including following established processes and procedures, handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects in a timely manner with accurate results, and be highly motivated to continue to develop professional licenses, certifications, and expertise through formal training and on-the-job experience.
- Proficiency is using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Software, and a PC (Windows based).
- Professional Project Manager Certification preferred.
Additional qualifications with demonstrated experience include, but not limited to:
- Gathering and defining design requirements with requesting customers and preparing alternative solutions ranging from conceptual design to final design within established parameters.
- Creating or reviewing design and construction documents, preparing project specifications, developing record control documents, and generating presentation graphics.
- Preparing cost and schedule estimates Collecting, preparing and reporting programmatic information.
- Coordinating design activities with architecture, engineering, safety, security, construction and other related functional areas.
- Managing and monitoring architecture and engineering (A&E) firms and construction firms for multiple projects during all project phrases from design and construction phases to project close out.
- Demonstrating professional, proficient, clear, and concise interaction and (written and oral) communication with personnel (Government and Contractor) at all levels in hierarchy.
- Having excellent time management skills, strong interpersonal and customer service skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong team player skills and strong critical thinking skills with the ability to think strategically.
Clearance:Active, current TS-SCI clearance with a Full-Scope Polygraph is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Associated topics: administrator, gcc, manager, project, project manager, public, public works, site supervisor, superintendent, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...