The Sales Associate will perform a variety of routine banking transactions while identifying, recommending and selling additional bank products and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Service customers by performing all monetary transactions; sells all bank products and assists with other service needs. Meets with customers to maximize sales opportunities.
* Discuss/sell loan products to existing and prospective customers.
* Responsible for achieving individual sales, referral and service quality goals.
* Opens new accounts, i.e. checking, savings, certificate of deposit and IRA's.
* Utilize technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling and Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin Machines.
* Adhere to the VNB Code of Conduct and Service Quality Standards.
* Perform duties related to balancing individual cash and end of day proof.
* Perform office work as necessary or assigned.
* Identify cross-sell opportunities and make referrals.
* Comply with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (S.A.F.E. Act) requirements and, where applicable, registration requirements.
* Follow bank established guidelines regarding customer service and deliver excellent customer service in accordance with Valley's mission statement.
* Maintain compliance with Bank's established dress code.
* Assist in community events.
* Perform other duties in absence of management.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
Basic PC skills.
* Detail oriented and organized.
* Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
* High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of one year's banking experience.
* College Degree preferred. Associated topics: financial, financial product, financial security, investment, payment management solution, personal banker, risk management, security, stock broker, treasury
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.