Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! Entry: Race Coach will have a deep enthusiasm for the sport, allowing him/her to provide exceptional training and racing experience to our participants. With a constant eye towards safety and a teaching-strategy centered around fun, our coaches will build lasting relationships with our guests. From beginner to advanced, our team works to ensure participants get the most out of their seasons with us.
* Provide quality ski race instruction to groups and individuals
* Create a fun environment that is conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
* Encourage student enthusiasm for skiing, the learning process, and the further development of good skiing skills
* Uphold the highest level of guest safety on varied terrain with varying winter weather conditions
* Follow The Resort's etiquette guidelines while interacting with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner. Maintain positive relations with students, parents, visitors, and the general public at all times.
* Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
* Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Previous racing and/or coaching experience
* Must be able to complete required training upon hire
* Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting, kneeling
* Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
* Must have Customer Service Skills
* Must have Communication Skills
* Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
* Discount lift tickets for friends and family
* Free ski lessons
* Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
* Discounted bike haul & golf
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Excellent training and professional development
We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 172608
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.