Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Learning Center's 'Amplitude Plus' is a seasonal program that fosters camaraderie between the athletes and coaches alike. The program runs on weekends and holidays from mid-December through the end of March.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Move have a caring and sensitive attitude toward our guests
* Ability to ski or snowboard and stand for long periods of time, as well as ability to handle changing climates
* Should be flexible in response to changing class assignments
* Must maintain strong personal appearance standards
* Must possess park and freeride competency in whatever snow sport they wish to coach (skiing or snowboarding)
* PSIA/AASI Freestyle Specialist 1 preferred
* Supervise athletes during lunchtime hours
* Able to attend both on-snow and off-snow clinics for professional improvement
* Attend clinics as required
* Most be knowledgeable of the ski area for the public
* Perform whatever other functions may be requested by supervisors
Time Commitment: Selected candidates will be available both weekend days and flexible through the holiday break periods (December 26-January 1, February 15-22).
Training: Successful completion of this training is a prerequisite for hiring
If you have never taught before, you will be required to attend 3 days of training prior to the start of the season, as well as one day of shadowing an experienced instructor.
Compensation: Instructors are paid for the hours that they actually teach or perform specific tasks requested by a supervisor. Pay rates are determined by your experience in teaching skiing and/or snowboarding. All employees at Mount Sunapee receive a Vail Resorts for their personal use.
We can't help but smile when someone says "Sun Bowl." We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 168516
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.