Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Adv Alpine Race Coach worksto provide quality ski instruction and coaching of athlete development to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding allSkier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. We are an in-house team, with foundation support and tremendous growth opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Upholding the highest levels of guest and personal safety on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that athletes are matched to appropriate skier skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Clearly communicating instructions and assisting athletes during training sessions and at competitions; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising athletes in training at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of athletes to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of competition service and related SRS programs including but not limited to registration process, directing athletes to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor training areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- PSIA/AASI and/or USSA/FIS certification
- High School or EquivalentEducation
- Attend Ski and Ride training sessions
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and weekends
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel,crouch, and reachfrequently.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring
- Experience coaching experience of winter sports athletes of all ages
- Previous ski/snowboard coaching experience
- Knowledge of local area/resort
We can't help but smile when someone says \"Sun Bowl.\" We can show you why. We came for the winter but stayed for the summer. We came for the summer but stayed for the winter. Some days we ski through lunch. Some days, lunch lasts all day. We love rosy cheeks, hot chocolate, chili, and beer. We laugh a little louder.We love to ski when the sun shines. We love to ski when it doesn't. The last run of the year is as sweet as the first. We are Family. We are Fun. We are Sunapee.www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 172609* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...