Senior Field Care Advocate Telecommute in Rhode Island (Oakland)
Employment Type: Full-Time
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The goal of the Rhode Island Field Care Advocate (FCA) role is to help individuals live their lives to the fullest by promoting recovery and resiliency via coordination and collaboration with multiple internal and external partners including consumers and their families / caregivers, medical, behavioral health and clinical network teams.
Field Care Advocates work with consumers who have complex and high - risk needs with the goal of engaging them in the treatment process, decreasing their reliance on higher levels of care, helping them to access appropriate community services, and assisting them in improving community tenure.
If you are located in Rhode Island, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
***This is a field based role in the state of Rhode Island requiring travel to local hospitals and community providers.***
- Utilize advanced clinical skills to engage and motivate Consumers via a recovery, health and wellness-oriented approach
- Partner with designated Rhode Island Integrated Health Homes (IHH) to address the needs, gaps in care, and recovery goals of complex and high risk consumers, in the context of care delivery through Iowa Integrated Health Homes
- Serve as an Optum behavioral health liaison and subject matter expert for Rhode Island UnitedHealth Care Medical Partners; establish and foster positive relationships with medical team, participate in medical-behavioral integration activities and discussions
- Partner with internal Optum Behavioral Health Services Teams to coordinate a seamless transition for consumers from an inpatient setting to community based services
- Establish a cooperative relationship with Optum Behavioral Network Services and the Provider community in order to improve access to services and ensure that consumers are served within proper standards of care.
- Other activities as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Partnership with Account Management and Sales departments to provide best level of customer service to market accounts
- Participate in committees, educational opportunities and trainings
- Maintain approved workload and support metrics and outcomes
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independently licensed clinician with a Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted in Rhode Island
- 2 years experience in a related mental health environment working in the local community
- Demonstrated ability to use a PC in a Windows environment, including email and Microsoft Office applications
- Current, unrestricted drivers license and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to travel within Rhode Island as needed to meet with consumers, providers, etc.
- Medical / Behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical / behavioral outpatient practice)
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with low - income populations
- Experience working with the aged, blind or disabled
- Clinical training experience
- Managed care and utilization management experience a plus
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem - solving skills
- Strong team player and team building skills
- Able to function independently and responsibly with minimal supervision
- Maintain direct and open communication with all levels of the organization
- Able to handle sensitive issues with peer, members and providers in a confidential manner
- Demonstrate initiative in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals and objectives
- Ability and flexibility to assume responsibilities and tasks in a constantly changing work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills - specifically telephone skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Groups Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage, Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D. behavioral health, LCSW, LMFT, LPC, Rhode Island, RI, telecommute, work at home
Loading some great jobs for you...