Senior Data Entry Clerk - Melville, NY
Compensation: $42,510.00 - $60,170.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Healthcare isnt just changing. Its growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And thats what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. Were a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, well leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If youre looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. Its an opportunity to do your lifes best work.
- Work alongside the medical records team
- Analyzing and scanning reports into internal software applications
- Working within spreadsheets, entering information
- Follow - up on medical records requests
- Mailing and / or printing medical records
- Running and pulling reports
- Sending correspondences, as requested and to appropriate personnel
- Working within a team environment
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of experience in administrative or clerical role
- Data entry experience and ability to handle heavy data entry requests daily
- Windows PC experience and the ability to learn new complex computer software systems easily
- Experience working within a healthcare or medical record environment, including but not limited to Protected Health Information (PHI) or Health Information Management (HIM)
- Ability to work 37.5 hours per week, full-time, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Steady work ethic and punctuality
- Ability to maintain HIPAA compliance and guidelines
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal communication.
- Ability to handle data that is available, and within given turnaround times
- Computer savvy
- Versatile; ability to adapt to many situations regarding the ad-hoc environment
- Strong problem - solving and critical thinking skills
- Frequent sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Utilize multiple PC applications throughout the day
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your lifes best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG; United Health Group; Optum, Northwell, billing, insurance, medical, records, clerical, clerk, Melville
Loading some great jobs for you...