Financial Counselor - Manhasset, NY
Compensation: $124,885.00 - $178,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Healthcare isn t just changing. It s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It s an opportunity to do your life s best work.SM
Preparing, processing and maintaining new member or group enrollments. Positions may load new member or group data into the enrollment database and update the database with changes. Positions may also respond to member eligibility or group questions and verify enrollment status. Positions may work with various types of member correspondence. Positions may also be responsible for reconciling eligibility discrepancies, analyzing transactional data and submitting retroactive eligibility changes. Positions may also be responsible for inventory control of member and group transactions. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Assist patient / family in completing applications for government sponsored programs / Financial Assistance
- Assess patient s eligibility for government sponsored programs / Financial Assistancr
- Contact patient / family and conduct interviews for the purpose of assessing eligibility
- Verify patient s information to complete applications
- Check patient's account for previous balances and advise patient of all financial obligations.
- Inform patient of collection policy
- Notify appropriate areas regarding eligibility status and determination
- Coordinate with various agencies and individuals to resolve individual cases
- Answer the telephone and maintain files
- Accumulate data for performance reports
- Inform Supervisor of activities, issues and problem cases
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- Perform related duties as required
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of face - to - face customer service experience
- 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Available to work 22.5 hours per week, flexible days during the week including weekends and holidays, between the hours of 8 AM to 8 PM
- Available to complete one month training - Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM
- Comfortable traveling 25% of the time for training and meetings
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life s best work.SM
- CAC certificate OR the ability to obtain one through company provided training within 1 - 3 months from date of hire (CAC training is in NYC, additional Medicaid training in Brooklyn)
- 1+ years of financial experience in a medical setting
- Bilingual any other language
- Northwell experience and / or knowledge
- 1+ years of Medicaid experience and / or health insurance plan experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: enrollment, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, insurance claims, insurance contracts, office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, phone support, Medicaid; CAC Certificate, Manhasset
Associated topics: broker, client, inside sales, insurance agent, insurance sales, life insurance agent, outside sales, phone, retail, sales agent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...