Compensation: $126,440.00 - $203,440.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Ulta Beauty takes great pride in continually searching for passionate beauty lovers, with unique qualities and skills, to join our team. We invite you to submit your application as we may have positions open now or in the near future, depending on current business needs.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Specialty Artist represents the image, products and culture of the brand to the Ulta Beauty guest. Their primary responsibility is guest service and sales, achieved through exceptional communication skills and professional caliber makeup artistry. The artist sets the example and models the way in Ulta Beauty regarding guest service expectations, image, dress code, and professional standards. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining the studio standards, store operations, and meeting and/or exceeding sales targets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Practice the Ulta Beauty and MAC Experience (our service models) by creating welcoming, inspiring, and personalized experiences with all guests, at all times.
- Greet guests with a smile, friendly tone of voice, and open body language, promptly. Offer assistance, tune in to their needs and respond appropriately. If unable to immediately assist the guest, offer options, and let them know that someone will be with them shortly.
- Discover guests' needs by tuning in, asking questions, listening to learn and then recommending/demonstrating appropriate products, samples, and services.
- Conduct personalized, professional caliber makeup demonstrations, applications, and lessons to MAC and Ulta Beauty standards.
- Share product knowledge, makeup application techniques, information on makeup trends, MAC consciousness programs, MAC and philosophies.
- Serve as Ulta Beauty and MAC brand ambassadors with the all store associates, brand partners, and guests, at all times.
- Conclude the guest experience by thanking them, inviting them back, and promoting all Ulta Beauty services.
- Maintain and update an active clientele portfolio.
- Meet or exceed the individual sales target.
- Invite every guest to join Ultamate Rewards.
- Keep informed and participate in promotions and marketing initiatives within the brand and throughout all categories/departments of the Ulta Beauty store.
- Study and practice the Skill Certification requirements and complete as many skill sets as appropriate, within the specified time frame.
- Actively participate in MAC training sessions and the Ulta Beauty mandatory training sessions.
Maintaining Work Environment
- Actively participate in cleaning displayer units, tools, testers throughout the day, and more thoroughly at night to prepare for next day's business.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain tester units in proper order.
- Clean or replace any broken or damaged products.
- Ensure that all merchandise, testers, and demonstration stations are maintained and set to company standard
- Follow all loss prevention control and compliance procedures.
Assist in Inventory Management
- Assist in stocking of all studio supplies and inventory on a daily basis or as required.
- Assist in merchandising and re-stocking all products, every morning and as needed throughout the day.
- Communicate low on stock and out of stocks to store management.
- Assist in the proper rotation of stock.
For positions located in San Francisco: pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located in San Francisco: pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Requirements
- High school diploma, 3-4 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 3-4 years prestige product lines retail experience.
- Adheres to Ulta Beauty and MAC 's dress code standards and maintains a professional appearance.
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Demonstrates significant competency in sales, products and service.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to positively and proactively handle guest concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain strong guest relationships.
- Cosmetics artistry experience required.
- A Demonstrator's license may be required, by state.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand, bend and lift 50 lb. merchandise for a full scheduled shift.
Loading some great jobs for you...