The Sr. Risk Consultant (SRC) is responsible for managing, monitoring and coordinating Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) activities for assigned portfolios with an emphasis on Third Parties that are typically higher risk Technology Service Providers. The candidate will engage and participate in credible challenge, quality assessment, project management, procedural development, record maintenance, peer review and training activities using their technology background to ensure that technology related risks are identified, assessed, and mitigated through the Third Party Risk Management Framework and Process.
- Technical knowledge: A broad, foundational background in technology software or infrastructure development and delivery will enable the SRC to quickly identify and credibly challenge technology-related risks for additional specialist assessment activities by the appropriate risk domain experts.
- TPRM Fundamentals: Directly or indirectly works with business lines, subject matter experts and other constituents to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and internal policies and procedures. Audit and credible challenge of discrepancies and data conflicts will be performed along with approvals of internal and external assessments for completeness, consistency and accuracy prior to third party engagement. The platform used to manage the TPRM Program is RSA Archer.
- Communication and Relationship Building: Builds and maintains positive relationships with management, team members, and stakeholders across U.S. Bank using effective written and oral communication practices. This position will foster collaboration internally across the U.S. Bank enterprise while drawing in diverse groups to share ideas, information, and resources to strengthen the TPRM program. This position will also be responsible for building cooperation and trust between departments and other groups. In this position, one will be able to influence others using program knowledge, negotiation methods, and is able to overcome objections which lead to consensus among constituents.
- Performance Development and Management: Models behavior that supports the vision of TPRM and U.S. Bank. Sets clear, well-defined, desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress while coping with challenging workloads and can adjust to and address competing priorities and urgent tasks
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven to ten years of applicable experience
- Demonstrate business knowledge of banking-related products, services and relate how their associated risks may impact both U.S. Bank from a third party perspective
- Understand the impact of government legislation fundamentals related policies, procedures, and processes with the ability to support the second line of defense risk program
- Understanding of U.S. Bank business line products and services
- CISSP, CISA, and/or CTPRP certifications
- Financial Services' audit and regulatory background
- Advanced degree (M.S. Information Systems, Computer Sciences, MBA or JD)
**Primary Location:** Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
**Shift:** 1st - Daytime
**Average Hours Per Week:** 40
**Requisition ID:** 190012000
**Other Locations:** United States
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.