Technical Proposal Writer (Vinton)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Tyto Athene is a full-service integrator focused on helping clients accelerate their ability to make decisions by providing ubiquitous and secure access to enterprise information throughout their operating environment. Tyto Athene uses a myriad of technologies, innovative thinking, and proven processes to deliver successful outcomes for its clients worldwide.
This position supports Tyto Athene by working within the Growth organization to create compliant and compelling written responses to RFPs. This position will also the corporate quality management and process improvement organization by working with operational personnel to document processes and procedures.
- Support in the development, preparation, and presentation of written proposals.
- Collaborate with the proposal team to develop proposal format and structure.
- Support soft and hard copy production of the proposal.
- Edit and re-write engineering and management inputs to ensure the reader will have a clear and concise understanding of what is being proposed.
- Ensure that formats, font size, page count etc. are consistent with the Government requirements as described in the solicitation documents.
- Verify that response is consistent with the proposal instructions of the solicitation.
- Develop plans and schedules that include project phasing, project milestones, objective entry and exit criteria, and critical relationships between program tasks as required to plan, coordinate, and visualize all significant program activities.
- Support corporate quality and process improvement by working with operational personnel to document processes and procedures.
- Develop status reports; collect information and updates from key personnel and project teams managing the processes and consolidate for management reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio etc.).
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Project versions 2007 and 2010.
- Ability to develop and provide project status presentations to senior leadership.
- Ability to identify and forecast scheduling trends and issues.
- Provide recommendations to mitigate risks to program schedules.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Detailed oriented.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to analyze information and make recommendations.
- Familiarity with voice products and telephony/VoIP systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with U.S. military and/or federal contracting is a plus.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree in a related business, finance or technology related discipline and appropriate project management experience.
- 5 or more years of proposal writing experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Loading some great jobs for you...