Senior Sales Engineer (Vinton)
Compensation: $128,940.00 - $197,510.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tyto Athene is a full-service integrator focused on helping clients accelerate their ability to make decisions by providing ubiquitous and secure access to enterprise information throughout their operating environment. Tyto Athene uses a myriad of technologies, innovative thinking, and proven processes to deliver successful outcomes for its clients worldwide.
We are looking for a qualified person that will support sales engineering activities for our new Acuity Micro Data Center product. A successful candidate will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise, configuration, and customer support while working with best in breed and home grown solutions for integration and deployment. The position requires an individual that has a proven track record of customer focus initiative while supporting the sales cycle to grow business.
- Act as the technical face of the Edge Data Solution products to our customers by supporting pre-sales pilots, demonstrations, proofs of concepts (POC), evaluation, and benchmarks.
- Work with sales and BD staff to support the technical exchange required to sell Acuity to customers and grow the business.
- Demonstrate a "can-do" attitude to meet milestones and deadlines with the understanding that communication is key to success when schedules change.
- Maintain a conduit of feedback between customer's current and future requirements with the development team.
- Conduct system administration of Linux and Windows based environments.
- Work with customers to evaluate and integrate third party solutions with Acuity.
- Ability to completed advanced network configuration on Windows and Linux Operating systems.
- Ability to manage Layer-2 and Layer-3 physical switch configuration. JunOS, NXOS, NOS, etc.
- Design and configure virtual network switching for KVM, VMware, and Hyper-V hypervisors.
- Configure and install software and OSs utilizing virtual and bare metal environments.
- Help design and evolve data networks and solutions within the product and connected to customer's networks.
- Must be detail oriented in terms of maintaining documentation and adherence to Agile methodologies and business processes.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in engineering field preferred. Significant work experience may be considered an acceptable substitute for degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years pre and post sales engineering experience designing and implementing database and data network solutions.
- Must have a strong customer focus, and capable of technical deep-dives into servers, databases, load balancers, operating systems, and networks.
- Experience with software utilizing containerization technology, such as Docker, to small and large scale products a plus.
- Ability to prepare written documents describing technical features and capabilities of solutions including equipment hardware, software, applications, etc.
- Works well under pressure and in time constrained environments.
- Self-starter, independent thinker; ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment or independently as needed.
- Must have a Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Associated topics: architect, building, field service, installation, laboratory, sales applications engineer, sales engineer, spinal, trauma, vascular
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...