- Trusted Knowledge Options
- $120,570.00 -176,210.00/year*
TKO has a clear mission, to combine the drive of talented individuals with the expertise of seasoned professionals in an atmosphere of Integrity, Honesty, Excellence, Teamwork, and Innovation to deliver solutions to support our nation's defense. To achieve this, we are always searching for talented individuals who specialize in coming up with innovative solutions and facing difficult problems. At TKO, we are committed to finding and retaining passionate individuals who are innovative and conduct themselves with the highest levels of integrity and honesty. If you're a seasoned professional seeking a new career, innovative freedom in your tasks, a platform for your ideas, or a returning veteran looking to make an impact, see our open positions and apply today! In addition to receiving a competitive salary and having an equal opportunity for professional development and advancement, employees have access to benefits specifically designed to attract and retain talent. TKO supports a healthy work-life balance and offers a rich benefits package.
As anOPIR / EO Scientist you will:
- Develop active or passive electro-optical and infrared remote sensing applications.
- Perform analysis and conducts experiments to characterize and model point spread function, develop methods to extract signals from noisy data by using existing tools and develop new ones.
- Support GEOINT analysis and operation support for data processing, data analysis and analytic support.
- Be responsible for supporting processing, exploitation and dissemination of data from multiple sensors to include operations and production support, producing OPIR phenomenology reports.
- Perform routine OPIR reports. Work in small teams and individually to implement research objectives.
Mid Level: 4 years of experience and a BA/BS. In place of the degree, may substitute 11 years of relevant work experience.
Senior: MA/MS degree desired. In place of MS degree, may substitute 15 years of relevant work experience. Experience using Matlab image processing toolkit is required.
- Experience with OpenCV and application of autofocus techniques
- Experience with automatic target recognition, including EO, IR, and Thermal
- Experience with data processing, including MATLAB Imagery and Video, and analysis
- Experience with data characterization in terms of ground truth, including MATLAB
- Knowledge of a sensor phenomenonology area, including OPIR, spectral, LIDAR, or thermal
- Knowledge of all imagery science areas a plus
- Degree in Remote Sensing, Image Science, or Physics preferred
Clearance:TS/SCI clearance is required.
Location: Springfield, VA
0Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: sci, security clearance, security investigation, sensitive compartmented information, single scope background investigation, ssbi, top secret sci, ts sci
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...