Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Executive Chairman and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. The collection, known for color, print and eclectic details, includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, home and beauty. Art, music, travel, interiors and the designer's own stylish parents are inspirations for the collection. Our company launched in February 2004 with a single boutique on what was then a remote street in downtown Manhattan. Today, we are a global brand with a presence in more than 50 countries, but in many ways we are only just beginning. There is so much we want to do! Brand integrity, global inspiration and beautiful products are integral to who we are as a company and what we have accomplished to date. Our incredible team is an equally important part of the equation. We believe that each of our employees play a vital role in our continuing efforts to grow and evolve.
* Work closely with Design and the Director of Materials in the sourcing of on-brand, on-trend raw materials. * Sourcing unique and innovative materials including predominantly wovens, leathers, textiles, specialty knits, focusing on ongoing advanced research & development. * Supporting the creative vision infusing constant newness. * Market research of RM in the competitive set and the luxury market.
* Work in close partnership with PD and Merchandising (to ensure materials hit target price, testing responsibilities and appropriate lead-time ) * Responsible for fabric updates during development, sampling and market. * Maintain accurate status reports for all materials in development and the approval stage. * Monitor material deliverables from first proto through SMS to meet calendar deadlines. * Organize material binders and the material library. * Establish clear standards and costs for materials and maintain precise records. * Work with Director of development and overseas office on counter-sourcing projects. * Work with the HKO sourcing team through development and PO for proto and SMS. Strong and thorough communication skills
* Works closely with the Director of Materials on seasonal offering needs to provide options in materials, suppliers, techniques, and costs that are on brand. * Attend domestic & international material shows to identify sources and research trends. * Coordinate supplier appointments in tandem with the calendar. * Collaborate with suppliers to review performance in regards to quality and on-time delivery; suggest areas and timing of improvements.
* Review all materials with an eye for quality and performance; problem-solve quality lapses. * Ensure that all components and constructions used are compliant for performance and restricted substances prior to production. * Partner with HK team to test questionable materials and treatments in development cycle for performance stability.
* Set up and maintain materials in PDM. * Direct the compilation and review of all leather and data sheets (LDS, FDS) for accuracy, quality, affordability, and compliance prior to issuance. * Maintain development tracking and adoption records. * Maintain records and swatches of SMS liabilities and work closely with PD and Merchandising to find ways to liquidate.
* Participate and contribute in meetings as related to products. * Maintain and distribute a leather glossary for each market. * Act as a resource when collaborating on materials and/or colors with other product categories.
Qualifications BS/BA/BFA degree
* Leather course accreditations a strong plus * Minimum 5+ years in leather and textile sourcing and development * Strong collaborative, organizational, and interpersonal skills * Strong math and negotiation skills * Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, multi-channel environment. * Ability to travel as needed
* Adaptable - Change before you have to * Changes course easily - Knows when to be patient and when to push - Works well in the gray - Shows grace under pressure - Owns mistakes and learns from them - Balances multiple priorities
* Entrepreneurial Spirit - Own it * Takes initiative, doesn't wait for direction - Builds for the future - Takes personal ownership and accountability - Is resourceful in getting things done
* Collaborative - No \"I\" in Tory * Is self-aware and open-minded - Integrates the perspectives of others - Is direct but respectful - Communicates cross functionally - Knows when to get people involved and when to make a decision - Takes an inclusive approach
* Client & Brand Focus - Put yourself in Tory's shoes * Passionate about the brand and the work - Creates a transformational client experience - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company and our customers - Focuses on internal and external customers
* Live the Values - Being \"Buddy\" * Keeps the \"Buddy Values\" alive (Kindness, humility, warmth, honesty, loyalty, compassion, integrity, and passion) - It's not just what you do, but how you do it - Contributes to a positive and productive environment
* Functional Expertise - Know Your Stuff * Has the skills necessary to perform the job - Keeps current on trends, skills, and practices - Puts learning into practice
* Builder - It's all about \"We\" * Sets team goals and roles - Develops, motivates and empowers - Delivers constructive and encouraging feedback - Holds people accountable for results - Recognizes high performance
* Change Leader - Change is the essence of life * Challenges the current point of view - Puts changes in context for the team - Executes changes that impact the business - Is proactive and positive - Listens to and keeps the team up to speed