DevOps Administrator (NJ)
Compensation: $107,040.00 - $160,420.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
As a key position within the Global IT Services organization, the DevOps Administrator is a
crucial role in ensuring our internal customers achieve success by managing critical technology
and responding to their questions and service requests. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty
to tackle any issues, and you ll work very closely with the global support team to prioritize and
resolve issues. You ll also interact with the product development team to assist in supporting the
systems that support our day-to-day software development processes.
This position works directly with others in the organization and within the Company to ensure the
optimization of the different Corporate technologies in order to solve business issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily, administration of our productivity applications including Jira, Confluence, Slack, GitHub, Crucible, Artifactory and other CI/CD related technologies.
- Help improve our DevOps strategy in a mixed environment of Linux and Windows servers and our cloud strategy based on AWS and SaaS providers.
- Setup procedures for system performance monitoring, infrastructure provisioning, configuration, automation, and provide ongoing support.
- Provide Systems Administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build/Release Management, DevOps, and Change/Incident Management.
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user-facing documentation as required.
- Leverage tools to review metrics and monitor the health/utilization of the appropriate resources.
- Ensure level of high availability and fault tolerance based on business needs
- Assist with incidents, troubleshoot and resolve issues, perform root cause analysis, identify and resolve problems
- Participate in 24x7 support as necessary
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Assists in the diagnosis of people and system failures and aids in recovery.
- Assists others in management in the handling of administrative matters by conferring with and advising co-workers regarding administrative policies and procedures.
- Develop, coordinate, and implementation of procedures to improve productivity.
- Keeps abreast of company goals, methods, and procedures and of current developments in technology and available vendor-supplied products.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with any one of the key technologies (Jira, Confluence, Slack, GitHub)
- Hands-on experience using one of the different CI/CD technologies.
- Knowledge of best practices and experience with IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICS FOR THE POSITION:
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must have very strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Ability to organize and plan one s own work to provide for effective task performance and coordination of effort.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to quickly adapt to changing situations.
- Must maintain confidentiality concerning all Company information and documents.
- Must maintain security according to Company standards.
- Ability to interact with a varied assortment of personalities within a global and diverse team.
- Must be committed to increasing and improving technical skills and methodologies for more effective and efficient relations with the current and future workforce.
- Must have proven ability to execute.
Associated topics: algorithm, application, c++, c#, java, php, sde, sdet, software programmer, sw
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...