- Thomson Reuters Corporation
2 E 2nd St
The Business Applications Consultant, with guidance from the Engagement Manager, provides value-added professional services for client facing engagements. This role works alongside the Engagement Manager, Solutions Engineer, and other members of TRCMS for successful delivery of the end-to-end solution for our clients. Analyzing requirements, configuring the C-Track solution, participating in data migration activities, and providing customer facing training are key functions of this role. This role may act as a resource for consolidating and translating a diverse set of business requirements to Functional Designs in preparation for software development while meeting all of the needs of the business. The Business Applications Consultant is primarily externally focused and plays a supporting role for product management activities.
* Serve as the primary C-Track product and solutions expert for both the client and TRCMS, advocating a product first approach
* Lead or support requirements gathering and business analysis through techniques such as:
* Data gathering
* Reviewing current system documentation.
* Business process modeling.
* Assisting or conducting Joint Application Design sessions.
* Map business requirements to Functional Specifications ensuring that all requirements are met.
* Define business rules and logic.
* Develop acceptance criteria.
* Lead or support data analysis specifically for migration of data from one system to the other using techniques such as:
* Data analysis to support migration and configuration.
* Data mapping based on understanding of the data model.
* Complete tasks with input from Engagement Manager or Senior Business Applications Consultant. Work is project-oriented and day-to-day tasks must be defined by employee.
* Support the development of customer specific test plans in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team to test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software.
* Organize and analyze source materials such as design and test specifications, design documents, and other scoping material.
* Support development of functional design documents including:
* Prepare HTML mockups of proposed screens.
* Develop Functional Specifications according to standard templates.
* Understand corporate goals and practices and apply them when resolving a variety of problems.
* Follow up to monitor satisfaction and respond to additional requests or problems quickly.
Knowledge & Skill
* Must have strong experience with UI mock-up software packages such as: MS Office, Visio, Photoshop and /or Illustrator, Adobe, Acrobat, and HTML and UX standards.
* Understanding of software development lifecycle from planning to implementation and maintenance.
* Possess the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in relation to technical documentation.
* Highly organized and computer literate with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities.
* Quality focused and deadline oriented.
* Ability to understand and articulate technical requirements and processes and translate that information into technical documentation.
* Responsible and motivated with the ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment.
* Experience with or understanding of judicial/court process a plus.
* Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts and to facilitate consensus.
* Travel may be required (15-25%)
* Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
* 1-2 years experience in requirements gathering and preparation of Functional Specifications or other technical documentation.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Media-Pennsylvania-United States of America
Req #: JREQ129426
Locations: Media-Pennsylvania-United States of America
Job Function: Technology Development
Associated topics: business advisory, business analyst, client, crm, customer, information technology consultant, market, sales, sap, support analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...