When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.This position is part of a National Expansion for the Clinical Mass Spectrometry Business Unit of the Clinical Diagnostics Division launching the Thermo Scientific™ Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer Portfolio.
We offer convenient access to the most comprehensive range of products and services, allowing customers to increase their productivity and efficiency. We focus on in-vitro diagnostics including test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products. Our products empower healthcare providers to make medical decisions, faster, more accurately and more cost effectively for patients.Job Title & Summary: Hybrid US Sales Manager & Business Development Manager, NE USOur US Sales Manager & Business Development Manager, NE US is a hybrid role of people management & individual account management.
The US Sales Manager responsibilities include managing a team of (3) Business Development Managers who sell the Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer Portfolio products and services within a defined region to clinical accounts. The US Sales Manager will ensure the team has effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
The Business Development Manager, NE US portion will be the first sales person responsible for the Northeast US with a strategic focus on identifying, qualifying and securing business opportunities with potential clinical customers for the Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer Portfolio. Main responsibilities include territory planning, targeting key opinion leaders, achieving customer commitments and engaging in the customer experience to drive long term satisfaction, loyalty and retention.What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Effectively and proactively manage Business Development Managers’ performance through regular reviews & other company-standard processes.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for specified segment within the region to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
- Work to drive product sales to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services.
- Ensure your team complies with Company procedures and policies.
- Continually measure personal and team success against business plans making the necessary challenges, interventions and decisions to successfully deliver, or exceed plan expectations.
- Manage the strategic direction overall and lead the sales team to drive sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory. Ensure team maintains a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Drive to close deals with early adopters, engaging in their total customer experience to guarantee long term satisfaction and loyalty.
- Execute territory planning and map out Key Opinion Leaders.
- Responsible for achieving commercial targets and increasing sales by actively selling and developing tactical plans to maximize revenues.
- Bachelor Degree required, Life Sciences preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in people management with direct reports.
- 3+ years’ sales experience in the clinical diagnostic market required, with Key Account Management experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively close deals over $1M in value and be able to demonstrate command of essential sales techniques, particularly in consultative solution selling.
- Must have the ability to work independently, have effective communication skills, interpersonal and listening skills and proven ability to work in a team.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively, approximately 60 - 70%.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.