When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Title: BioProduction Account Manager, Philadelphia & Central NJ
The BioProduction Account Manager is part of the commercial organization supporting the BioProduction Division portfolio which provides biotechnology and biopharmaceutical customers with integrated solutions across the entire bioproduction workflow. Our technologies include:Cell Culture; Cellular Medicine; Chromatography; Pharma Analytics; and Single Use Technologies.
The BioProduction Account Manager is a specialist in bioprocessing, responsible for selling Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Bioproduction product portfolio (Single Use Technology -SUT-Hardware and Consumables), Cell Culture, Purification, Pharma Analytics and Production Chemicals Channel (PCC) within the New England market , with the support of our technical sales specialist teams. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize sales, product and territory knowledge and work independently in most situations.
Remotely based in or near Philadelphia, Northern NJ or Central NJ.
What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Work independently on daily activity in accordance with sales activity plan.
- Engage technical sales specialists from the supporting product focused teams and receive specific guidance from product management in special sales situations.
- Maintain present customer base while actively developing new opportunities to build strong pipeline of projects that will fuel future growth.
- Meet sales quota as well as expense targets for assigned territory.
- Use effective sales strategies and negotiation techniques to proactively seek out sales opportunities and respond to the needs of the customers and potential customers with innovative solutions.
- Use effective account management and territory management skills to drive growth.
- Engage in regular discussions with sales manager regarding territory activity; and others as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry or equivalent (Masters degree preferred).
- 3+ years of selling into the bioprocessing market and or industry related experience.
- Established sales history and relationships with the upstream and downstream process development groups within key biopharmaceutical accounts in the Northeast market would be desirable.
- The ability to discuss and support product and application requirements across the bioprocessing workflow and engage technical specialists early and often to show the Thermo Fisher capabilities in providing our customers with the best outcomes.
- Must demonstrate a positive approach to collaboration and problem solving, both internally, and in customer engagements.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts within the territory.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze territory sales data and technical information.
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.