Tutor Supervisor - Fair Future (Bronx)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
* Social Services
501 Southern Blvd
Bronx, NY, USA
The goals of the program are to:
* Through a combination of instruction and academic mentorship, buildthe comprehension, confidence, and academic skills of participating students.
* Increase thegrade promotion andhigh school graduation rate for students in foster care.
* Increase therate at which young people in foster care attend and persist in college.
Tutor Supervisors are experienced tutors who provide guidance and coaching to a team of up to 6 full-time tutors while also maintaining a limited caseload of students to keep their skills sharp. Tutor Supervisors have the following primary responsibilities:
* Providing in-home tutoring to a limited caseload of 4 to 7 students for 60-90 minutes weekly.
* Fulfilling documentation requirements including filling out session feedback, logging session incentives, providing updates to stakeholders, and obtaining academic records for students on caseload.
* Interviewing, hiring, and training new tutors.
* Setting the agenda for and leading weekly group meetings, and identifying opportunities for ongoing training and professional development for tutors.
* Providing individual coaching to tutors.
* Assigning students to tutors and helping tutors schedule their students in a way that minimizes travel time and maximizes time spent with students.
* Participating in weekly case reviews with Road to Success stakeholders and ensuring that Road to Success students with non-tutoring-related needs are connected withappropriate services
* Organizing collection of program data.
Tutor supervisors should possess all of the qualities and competencies associated with the tutor position, in addition to the following:
* Ability to effectively assess tutor strengths and areas for growth (as evidenced by mock tutoring and tutor accounts of their sessions) and coach toward improvement.
* Understanding of the local public education system and a particular commandof graduation pathways and requirements.
* Understanding of and connection to collateral resources needed to support non-tutoring-related student needs.
* Calm under pressure.
* Bachelors Degree required
* At least one year of tutoring experience or two years of teaching experience.
* MS Office proficiency.
* Previous experience working with youth in care or other vulnerable populations is highly preferred.
* Spanish Language fluency preferred.
Bachelor's Level Degree or better
*Posted:* November 21, 2019
Loading some great jobs for you...