Managing Director, Communications
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
The Managing Director of Communications will work with Morning Consult's executive and marketing teams across all business lines to develop proactive strategic communications plans and tactics to support corporate and divisional business and marketing objectives for one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively to strategically position the company and its leadership to the media and other key external stakeholders,. They will be responsible for media relations, crisis communications, executive visibility and communications. This position will report to the Vice President of Content and will be based in New York City.
* Build and manage a robust communications team by identifying team growth opportunities, setting goals, measuring success, and communicating impact of PR efforts
* Coordinate with executive and marketing teams to develop and execute strategic public relations plans for Morning Consult, establishing the company as a leader in survey and market research
* Position Morning Consult leadership as thought leaders in the industry through public speaking engagements, media interviews, and other opportunities as well as manage materials that support this work
* Create and execute a social media and original content strategy for company leadership
* Train and accompany company leadership at conferences, events, and appearances as necessary
* Develop strategic communications strategy for Morning Consult's products and technology, working closely with marketing, product, and commercial teams to identify key moments to share with media and external audiences
* Identify potential communication problem areas and recommend viable best practice solutions
Desired Skills & Experience
* Ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated and collaborative person who thrives in a dynamic and passionate work environment; demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style responding quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines; and has exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
* Excellent leadership capabilities and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team.
* Proven experience and success working with senior executives to elevate their profiles in key industry areas
* Existing relationships with key media and industry influencers
* 10-15 years experience in communications and public relations
* High level of energy and initiative.
* Poise under pressure
* Experience with survey research/polling data a plus
About Morning Consult:
Named one of the fastest growing technology companies in North America by Deloitte, Morning Consult is revolutionizing ways to collect, organize, and share survey research data to transform how global leaders in business and government make decisions.
With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington D.C., Morning Consult provides research, news, and brand-tracking technology for over 200 of the world's biggest companies and industry associations. Additionally, Morning Consult conducts regular surveys for major media organizations including POLITICO, The Hollywood Reporter, Bloomberg, and The New York Times.
We are committed to a work environment that is inclusive to all and free of discrimination. It is our policy to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ability, citizenship status or any other factors prohibited by law. Morning Consult will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you have any questions, please contact ...@morningconsult.com.
Associated topics: advertise, analyst, community, demand generation, event, festival, market, newspaper, regulatory, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...