This position is part of Gap Company Planning which leads sales, margin, and inventory planning for Europe stores, including Specialty and Outlet channels. The position plays an integral role in developing the annual operating budget & monthly forecast for sales, margin, and inventory metrics, and inventory level investments. The Company Planning function is part of the Finance team, with primary business partners being Gap Europe Inventory Management, Europe Leadership, Global Gap Company Planning, and Gap Brand Finance Leadership.
* Lead the development of the region's sales, margin and inventory targets that support the Company's Annual Operating and Long Range Plans, partnering with Inventory Management and the EU General Manager. Plans are grounded in Blended vs Markdown, Sales Lever, Product and Commercial Plan strategies. * Analyze Commercial Plan / Promotional activities and tests to understand and track incremental performance. Develop structured hindsights to share with cross-functional partners, and recommendations to inform pre-season planning. Develop proformas for pre-season and in season events grounded in prior hindsights and benchmarks. * Analyze inventory productivity and identify improvement plans to achieve LRP cost turn and GMROI targets in partnership with Inventory management and the EULT. Recommend overall receipt buy levels that deliver to improved targets, and drive in season results to achieve targets. (Credit Line Process) * Develop in-season forecasts that drive the cross-functional team to maximize inventory productivity and top-line sales/margin while clearly communicating risks and opportunities to the Company forecast. Lead consistent communication of priorities balanced with Liable and EOQ inventory targets and approvals. * Partner with IT and other members of Company Planning team to refine tools and processes. * Lead and develop a team of two * Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to formulate business strategy
* Able to develop and transform quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations & communicate them in a compelling way
* Self motivated, results driven and highly accountable. Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt work style/processes in a fast paced environment, build strong cross-functional partnerships, and influence decision-making with financial analysis at all levels of the management
* Europe market knowledge and multiple FX rate experience preferred
* Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Essbase
* Proven experience leading and developing direct reports
Associated topics: co manager, general manager, leader, manager, manager retail, principal, retail store manager, store manager, supervise, retail management
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.