Assistant Merchant - Franchise KB Sleep & ACC
Compensation: $197,780.00 - $197,780.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Assistant Merchant will own the pre-season merchandise strategies for KB Sleep/ACC Franchise business, driving seasonal product strategies to meet market specific needs, through influencing key business partners. Working under the Sr Merchant - Franchise Kids, accountable for delivering the annual financial goals and representing the division in global leadership meetings. Initiatives include assortment strategies, pricing architecture, bi-weekly business review, product recaps and seasonal hindsight's, identifying business opportunities. Position will be based in NY/Gap HQ, reporting to Senior Merchant and will be part of the Gap Franchise Product team, partnering with North America & International Merchandising, Franchise Planning, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing.
* Understand product trends, historical data and department input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks
* Analyze weekly selling reports and utilize knowledge to make informed product recommendations and story tell on market trend in bi-weekly trade meetings
* Build strong, commercially viable Franchise seasonal assortments with clear strategy on concepts, key items and promotional program
* Present and sell assortments to franchise partners while influencing franchisees to buy most appropriate seasonal assortment in order to achieve targeted financial goals
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross functional teams (Global Design, Merchandising, Production, and Planning) and NA Merchandising team to influence global product development for Franchise KB Sleep/ACC
* Owns the merch operations outlet style creation process for entire KB team.
* Support Senior Merchant, Franchise Kids with select areas of the Kids apparel business
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative & qualitative data to story tell business trends
* Advance computer skills in excel with aptitude for learning new programs
* High level of attention to detail while still managing to focus on the impact to topline business
* Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
* Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
* Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
Associated topics: analyst, area sales, bi, business intelligence, business planning, business technology, franchise, guest, regional sales, sales
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...