Loading some great jobs for you...
1. Strategy: In partnership with the Regional Communication Director and the Field Marketing Divisional Leader, implements a strategic plan that is aligned with broader corporate communication and marketing priorities that supports service delivery and revenue generation efforts across all lines of service. Working with Field Marketing Divisional leader, creates and develops strategies for promoting and selling Training Services products or services and increasing enrollment in Training Services classes. Advises Field Marketing on local and regional opportunities to enhance sales of Training Services products, services and increase enrollment.
2. Public Affairs: Acts as on-the-record spokesperson when appropriate and supports executives and Board of Directors as the face of the Red Cross through media visibility, interview coaching and preparation, etc. Leads and supports all Disaster Public Affairs activities for the region through the entire disaster cycle. Ensures that duty is delegated to appropriately trained staff or volunteers. Supports Disaster Public Affairs efforts across the division, and potentially, on the national level. May be required to deploy to support disaster response operations outside their region or may be tasked to help with public affairs volunteer training and development across the division.
3. Media Relations: Develops and implements a social media strategy for the region that reflects the priorities of the region and is aligned with the corporate social media strategy. Maintains positive relationships with members of the media across the region and works with executives and other staff to manage media efforts and relationships across multiple media markets in a region. Participates in the distribution and preparation of press materials. Produces relevant local content for regional web and social platforms.
4. Internal Communications: Supports executive level internal and external communication initiatives.
5. Marketing Content: Utilizing Brand Central and the Field Marketing Team, develops brand and creative content to support a variety of activities and advertising material used in external publications and media placements. Secures in-kind PSA placements with Field Marketing. In partnership with the Field Marketing Group, coordinates resources necessary for the delivery of online and direct mail/direct response programs (CDRP).
6. Management: Develops and sets individual and departmental team performance goals and manages/drives change. Manages and leads assigned staff and volunteers. Supervises and delegates responsibilities to staff and volunteers.
Education: Bachelor s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related field required.
Experience: Minimum 5 years' communications and/or marketing experience required. Account Management experience desirable. Experience working with media as an on-the-record spokesperson is preferred. Demonstrated experience managing and interacting with the public social media platforms for an organization is required. Experience with marketing during major national and international disasters preferred. A working knowledge across a broad spectrum of marketing functions is required, including Brand and Creative Marketing, Direct Mail and e-Mail Marketing, web-based services and mobile applications. Must be comfortable using MAP/Convio, Brand Central, website updating tools and other marketing tools.
Management Experience: Minimum 3 years staff management experience. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and persuasively with Field Marketing partners and regional leadership. Experience with marketing during major national and international disasters preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Outstanding communication skills (oral and written) required. Strong teamwork and collaboration required.
Other: Demonstrates strong commitment and passion for mission of American Red Cross.
Loading some great jobs for you...