Vice President, NAO Womens Buying & Pricing
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
The Vice President is responsible for the successful development, communication and execution of product strategies and goals across all women's categories for North America Outlet stores. S/he is responsible for partnering with leaders across the business to develop compelling product initiatives that fuel brand and commercial strategies, while considering unique market and customer needs.
* Manage the annual and monthly forecast processes to achieve company financial and merchandise objectives for NA Outlet business unit - includes sales, inventory, receipt, turn and margin goals.
* Lead inventory investment strategy and open to buy (breadth and depth) for Women's NA Outlet
* Drive planning and execution of inventory strategies to achieve sales, profit and inventory turnover objectives; define lifecycle and seasonality of product assortment; develop and manage replenishment programs.
* Work closely with Global Merchandising team to ensure line supports financial objectives and customer needs and to develop quarterly assortment plans and monthly product flow.
* Develop and coach Buying team providing career development and learning while ensuring departmental plans and sku buys meet financial objectives
* Review buys at a detailed level to ensure styles and colors are planned appropriately and support departmental plans.
* Ensure team maximizes sales opportunities by continuously analyzing the business and reacting to trends. Regularly provide high-level analysis, insight and strategic recommendations to maximize sales and profitability.
* Ensure that team effectively prices product in order to liquidate inventory while meeting sales and margin objectives.
* Collaborate with cross-functional partners including Marketing and Visual Merchandising to create compelling in-store experiences that drive traffic and enhance the customer experience
* Partner with Allocation team to develop strategies for the channel, with aggressive year-on-year new store and comp growth plans; meet company financial and turn objectives; maximize sales profitability.
The accomplished individual will possess...
* Merchant with 15+ years of buying experience in a fashion/lifestyle retail brand/business
* Experience leading multiple categories in fast paced, high volume environment
* Strong analytical and financial skills with experience partnering or leading buying and planning teams.
* Strong product sense; proven experience in driving product assortments and partnering with Global Merchandising to develop commercially successful collections.
* Strong customer orientation and commercial drive.
* Acute understanding of the marketplace and consumer preferences.
* Advanced understanding of costing and margin. Ability to take analysis to insight and insight to commercial ideas.
* A confident leader with a strong presence, proven influencing and negotiating skills both internally and externally.
* A courageous individual who will take ownership of his/her decisions and guide and push back in a diplomatic manner even when faced with dissenting points of view. Knows how to influence creatives effectively while maintaining a strong partnership.
* Proven management experience and success at developing a team and individuals.
* Can drive initiatives and tactics required to meet and exceed goals.
* Moves easily from strategic to tactical and back.
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
* Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
* Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
* Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
* Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and \"actionable\" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JG1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
Req ID: 59860
Job Segment: Pricing, Merchandising, Retail Sales, Fashion Retail, Outside Sales, Operations, Retail, Fashion, Sales
Associated topics: alumni, analyst, community, facebook, lead generation, marketplace, product market, public, social media, solicitation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...