Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home d?cor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color-Kate Spade New York's founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. Under the vision of creative director Nicola Glass, the brand continues to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensure websites are achieving sales goals through flawless execution and compelling digital messaging, while maintaining margin and expense control. * Drive to a deep understanding of the customer's digital behavior and how to best service them across all markets. * Lead site operations and merchandising strategy while linking to site features that improve the customer experience and performance. * Monitor site metrics and identify and lead efforts to continuously improve conversion and financial performance. * Collaborate with international markets and Tapestry teams to most efficiently and effectively improve customer experience for each market. * Lead replatform production efforts as needed across the globe, in partnership with Tapestry teams. * Partner with marketing leads to establish a content strategy for the website properties that aligns with and supports the broader brand narrative. * Oversee the content execution for the website and act as the global lead to ensure a consistent brand message across all website properties. * Manage site merchandising and continuously monitor performance to maximize conversion. * Proactively find new ways to improve process and work flow. * Manage an internal team and network of external partners; influence across multiple global teams.
* Minimum 10 years experience managing e-commerce projects and user experience; prior experience owning a P&L * Proven success delivering the best possible digital and omnichannel customer experience * Strategic thinker with the ability to develop long term plans; executional excellence that enables you to deliver them * Endless supply of new ideas to drive conversion and the ability to build business plans and execute them successfully * Ideally: experience working with the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) platform * Experience leading an ecommerce replatform * Ability to manage and develop a team both internally and externally * Highly skilled at creating alignment across teams and influencing those over whom you do not have authority * Must be highly collaborative * Must be highly organized * Must have strong communication skills
Our Competencies for All Employees
* Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results. * Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. * Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings. * Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably. * Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything. * Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. * Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
* Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. * Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team. * Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and \"actionable\" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legall-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JG1 Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.
Associated topics: community, fundraise, hospital, major gift, marketing, media, newspaper, policy, policies, public
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.