- Sunrise Senior Living
- $28,740.00 -39,230.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
**_\"It makes me feel good knowing that we make the residents' lives better. We laugh with them, cry with them, sing and dance with them - we brighten their day. Working here is an unbelievable privilege and it will be something I carry with me for the rest of my life!\"_**
**_- Sunrise Team Member_**
At Sunrise, our Cook is responsible for the preparation and serving of meals, sanitation of food service areas, accurate record keeping, receiving, rotating and inventory of products and regulatory compliance.
**RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS**
- Preparing and serving the residents in our community
- Ensuring all special dietary needs are met and preparing texture modified food as directed
- Following the specially prepared Sunrise menus and production sheets to maintain the highest possible quality and consistency
- Ensuring compliance with all record keeping, food safety and risk management requirements
- Maintains a current ServSafe certificate (food services sanitation certificate) or able to participate in the food services sanitation training to become ServSafe certified
- One (1) year job related experience including food preparation, full-line menu items and therapeutic diets
- A culinary apprenticeship or training is preferred
- A high School diploma or GED accepted
- To be successful you will need to have the ability to handle multiple priorities, possess written and verbal skills for effective communication, be competent in organizational, time management skills and demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- You will also need to demonstrate your ability to serve seniors in a team environment
**Sunrise maintains a drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a drug and alcohol test.**
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families.
At Sunrise, you will...
**Make a Difference Every Day**
We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
**Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community**
We care for residents and each other, and offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
**Ignite Your Potential**
You have the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally, and achieve your career goals.
**Location : Name** _Sunrise at Fleetwood NY_
**Location : Address** _500 North Columbus Avenue_
**Location : City** _Mt. Vernon_
**Location : State/Province (Full Name)** _New York_
Sunrise Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: breakfast, cocinera de la preparacion, cutter, food prep, food preparation, kitchen prep, maker, prep cook, sandwich, wok cook
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...