At Strong-Bridge Envision Consulting, we work as true partners both with our employees and our clients, embodying our number one value: People First. Our consultants are full -time employees. Our team is driven by a desire to always learn, improve, and innovate. We take an open-minded approach to opportunities and challenges and are focused on solving business challenges.
We deliver programs and projects that exceed stakeholder expectations. To be successful at Strong-Bridge Envision, you will be a driver with a flexible working style, and excellent communication skills; you will think strategically and act tactically; you will be the person on the team our client cant live without!
Strong-Bridge Envision is seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join our firm as a dedicated full-time employee. This is a Philadelphia, PA based opportunity; relocation is not provided.
The candidate manages the day to day responsibilities of the scrum, and helps facilitate the goals that are trying to be achieved by the team within the framework of the SAFe Agile methodology.
* Liaise with product owners from business teams and carve out the stories for the Sprint teams to take up
* Conduct Sprint backlog grooming sessions for the two week Sprint duration
* Conduct Sprint planning meetings and strive to Sprint commitment of the stories to be delivered by end of Sprint
* Effective management of impediments and ensuring team velocity
* Conduct story point estimations and keep all stakeholders informed on the stories which can be considered for Sprint to be delivered by the end of two week Sprints
* Effective tracking of story tasks to closure
* Very good understanding of various metrics
* Conducting all Sprint necessities (daily stand up/ Sprint end demo/ Sprint Retrospection/ Burn down charts/ Team Velocity/ Scrum of Scrums)
* Ensure that the scrum board is up-to-date and prioritized, and ensure improvements are implemented
* Facilitate meetings and communication between product owner stakeholders and development team members to ensure the highest value work is top priority in the backlog
* Understand goals of project, create Agile development strategy, assist in developing project planning and strategy
* Participate in larger Scrum Master team objectives, including process improvement, release preparation, and project management tasks
* Provide servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency to the team
Qualifications and Experience:
* A total of 10+ years of IT experience with 3+ years of experience as Scrum Master in managing large transformation programs
* Bachelor of Arts or Science required, degree in Information Systems preferred
* Certified Scrum Master certification from Scrum Alliance or Professional Scrum Master certification from Scrum Org required
* 3+ years of experience in scaled Agile approaches (SAFe Agile)
* 3+ years of experience with creating effective communication channels (team, Product Owner, stakeholder) and leading, coaching and running ceremonies for multiple scrum teams
* 3+ years of experience with successful Agile techniques such as User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
* Knowledge of retail industry, Commerce and OMS is preferred but not mandatory
* Experience in removing impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint and release goals (internal and external to the team)
* Experience and knowledge of backlog tracking, burn-down metrics, velocity, and task definition
* Deep understanding of Agile values, principles, as well as Scrum framework
* Possess curiosity with an appetite for learning and supporting teams spanning a wide array of technologies and practices.
* Passion for constantly driving your teams and the organization to continuous improvement
* Ability to work permanently in the U.S. on a full-time basis
* Must be in the Philly area; with ability to work on the client site 100% of the time
* A talent for multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, learning new skills and methodologies, and working under pressure in fast paced environment
* Ability to work independently
* Flexible working style, ability to work in various different types of client environments
* Excellent communication skills, and proven ability to communicate effectively across the organization
* Ability to lead decision making through influence, with the ability to make sound decisions in the best interest of the client as needed throughout the project lifecycle
* Collaborative working style with the ability to flex with many different types of working styles on client site