A Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for patients.
- Effectively delivers exceptional care to age specific patients including infant, pediatrics, children, adolescents and older adults and reports changes to physician when appropriate using SBAR.
- Consistently processes and transcribes physician s orders timely and accurately per policy.
- Maintains working knowledge of organizational specific policies, protocols and care paths by attending scheduled competencies and demonstration of skills including proficiency in IV therapy and unit specific pediatric competencies.
- Maintains fiscal responsibilities by efficient use of supplies and resources. Supports the charge nurse with staffing decisions.
- Willingly supports the Clinical Care Coordinator/Charge Nurse by helping to maintain productivity and following the staffing guidelines/grids.
- Effectively assesses critical results, collects, reports and documents data accurately, including but not limited to I/O, Vital signs, Accuchecks & collection of specimens.
- Always uses the 5 rights & two patient identifiers when administering medications.
- Educates patients & families, keeps informed of tests and treatments and addresses concerns.
- Manages hourly rounding with purpose using POINT for all assigned patients and makes rounds with physicians.
- Protects patients and visitors by: enforcing/following system confidentiality guidelines, assessing safety and enforcing safe practices including infection control guidelines for all ages.
- Associate's degree in Nursing
- Current Illinois RN License
- Previous OB experience or 1 year med/surg experience
About SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children s Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, coronary, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care unit, maternal, neonatal, registed, tcu, transitional