Senior Software Engineer, Restaurants
Compensation: $39,570.00 - $62,650.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Restaurants team at Square is reimagining the hospitality industry to empower today's restaurants with simple, elegant software and efficient workflows. We admire the people working in the highly-competitive food and drink business and we want to do our part to help them succeed.
Restaurants today operate in an increasingly dynamic landscape, and we're building a modern product ecosystem to support this by using technology to unlock new workflows, revenue streams, and means of communication. Our focus is on efficiency, automation, and reliability themes of paramount importance in a fast-paced environment where great hospitality is key.
We're looking for a motivated software engineer with expertise in server-side development and enough proficiency to move across the stack to the front end when needed. Our products consist of sophisticated Web, iOS, and Android software that integrates seamlessly with our hardware -- all backed by reliable services.
As a software engineer on the Restaurants team, you'll build and maintain the services that power our web and mobile applications, as well as the web-based dashboard that enables restaurant owners to set up, manage, and learn from their business. We work in small, full-stack product teams, so you'll collaborate closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers on a daily basis. You'll also work with our partners across the company in shared codebases, and contribute directly to the platform when needed.
What you will learn and do:
* You'll create beautiful, unique products that allow anyone to run a restaurant
* You'll design and build into Square platform services, working to support features in our web and mobile products
* You'll build and maintain services owned by our team
* You'll work closely and collaboratively with designers, product managers, and other engineers; very often across team boundaries
* You'll ship reliable software through continuous integration, test automation, and in-depth code reviews
* You'll find simple, elegant solutions to hard problems
* You'll grow as an engineer, and as you do you'll lift others around you
What you bring to the team and to Square:
* Motivation to build beautiful, intuitive products for the food and drink service industry
* Innate curiosity, and a desire to learn and teach
* Empathy for your customers and colleagues
* Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
* Experience working in Java or Rails, preferably with some full-stack experience
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources
Associated topics: back end, director food and beverage, general manager, kitchen manager, manager, night manager, operations, restaurant general manager, service manager, shift manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...