Sojern's mission is to help travelers go from dream to destination by showing the right travel ad at the right time to the right person, and we use technology and our significant data advantage to make that happen.
Our customers are hotels, airlines, cruise lines and tourist attractions. Sojern has delivered over $13B in traveler bookings through advertising on their behalf; Our relentless focus on driving customer value and performance has grown our customer base to more than 8500 customers and helped us become a profitable, privately-held company. In late 2018, we closed a $120M Series D funding round with Technology Crossover Ventures to further accelerate our growth.
In addition to having the upside of a Series D startup at Sojern, Sojern's work culture encourages work-life balance with traditional working hours, flexible time-off and company-wide volunteer goals. Need more convincing that Sojern is a great place to work? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
About the Team:
The Data Science Engineering team develops methods to optimize advertising campaigns, defines new methods for measuring campaign performance, and applies machine learning at scale with more than 5000 models in production. Example projects include:
* Bayesian statistics to model conversion rates and revenue
* Thompson sampling and linear programming to balance campaign objectives
* Stratified sampling and power analysis to run controlled experiments
* Using Tensorflow and XGBoost on Kubeflow to predict a traveler's propensity to convert
And as a part of engineering, we own the full data product life-cycle: from analysis and prototyping to production development.
We are looking for a Senior Data Science Engineer to drive data science impact.
The Experience We're Looking For:
* You have hands-on experience building production-level ML and data products.
* You have expert-level understanding of data science topics.
* You have at least 2 years experience as a data scientist with at least 1 year of experience within the Ad Tech ecosystem.
* You have an MS or PhD in computer science or a quantitative discipline.
The Skills You Bring:
* You write production code in Python, and can reason about algorithmic efficiency.
* You effectively communicate with data scientists, engineers and product managers.
* You work independently to solve data science challenges.
* You use your grit and initiative to fill in gaps and drive projects to completion.
The Value You Deliver:
* You drive technical impact by making meaningful, well-designed, reusable, efficient contributions to data-driven products.
* You mentor and participate in code/design reviews.
* You partner with product managers to improve requirements.
* You innovate in the context of trade-offs.
* Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
* Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
* Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
* Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
* Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
* Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
* Competitive Localized Benefits
* IATA Travel Discount
* Time Off: Flexible vacation days
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: artificial intelligence, chip, c++, c c++, electronic engineering, informatic, information technology, machine learning, malware, optical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.