Activity Facilitator - Snapology of Atlantic County (Elizabeth)
Compensation: $97,530.00 - $185,370.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Post Secondary
Position Summary:Can you imagine yourself teaching children in a fun and inclusive environment using LEGO bricks and other building mediums and technology? At Snapology we encourage children to create and interact with technology and explore the world around them through a hands-on approach that promotes playful learning, and YOU could be at the center of the experience!The primary focus of this position will be to teach Snapology classes, workshops, camps and other programs.
Teachers will use creativity, teamwork and problem solving skills while educating students on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) concepts.
Programs are conducted for children ages 2-14, although not all teachers are required to teach all age groups.
This role requires collaboration and communication with Snapology management as well as representing the Snapology organization to parents & children with a high degree of professionalism.Role & Responsibilities:
* Lead groups of up to 30 students through curriculum-guided activities;
* Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment;
* Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures;
* Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of Snapology;
* Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies;
* Adequately prepare for each program by reading curriculum, watching training videos and/or participating in face-to-face training sessions;
* Handle inquiries from parents regarding Snapology programs;
* Encourage students & parents to enroll students in future Snapology programs;
* Participate in periodic Snapology training & staff meetingsQualifications:
* Childcare clearances must be current
* 2 or more years of experience working with children in a classroom or camp environment
* Education degree or teaching experience recommended, teachers pursuing a degree in education will also be considered for this position
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
* Proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basisBenefits:
* Inclusive and positive culture
* Flexible schedules and work/life balance
* Opportunities for performance-based raises
* Work with children who are excited about STEM
* Continue to build your teaching portfolio through diverse lesson plans and curriculumProgram Timing:This position is part-time.
Depending on candidate availability, Teachers typically work between 5-20hours per week.
* Weekday after-school and/or evening classes
* Weekend workshops and/or birthday parties
* Summer camps
* Special events, holiday and break workshops
Associated topics: anatomy, astrophysics, calculus, dna, ecology, immunology, life science, physiology, statistical, trigonometry
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...