Responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of educational and clinical initiatives that supports business objectives. Works in collaboration with Clinical Business Manager (CBM), District Managers (DM), and Account Managers to develop and execute account specific strategies The E-CRS utilizes experience to build relationships with key clinical and economic decision makers to drive adoption of focus products, identify opportunities for evidence generation and participate on cross-functional teams as a product and clinical expert.
Location: Boston Area
Must be able to travel up to 80% and may include overnight and/or weekends
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
* Collaborates with District Managers and Account Managers to develop business plans, clinical/educational strategies, and tactical implementation plans for assigned target accounts. * Works with CBM to identify priorities for clinical and educational services. Plans, coordinates, and participates in account coverage strategies. * Collaborates with DMs and Account Managers to conduct business reviews for target accounts. * Drives adoption of empowerment approach for customer education and product training both internally and externally. Advocates for the utilization of multimedia educational resources for customers requesting educational support. * Identifies and communicates competitive intelligence to Sales, Marketing and Clinical teams. * Works in conjunction with professional affairs team in the development of case studies, publication strategy and new product evaluations * Skillful in presenting to healthcare executives, Value Analysis Committees and key opinion leaders * Confident in leading discussions to overcome objections * Develop and manage plans for IDN and other large scale business opportunities in the evaluation, implementation, and follow up phases * Attends national trade conferences to provide clinical expertise for both competitive review/analysis and to support in-booth customer interactions.
Customer Account Coordination
* Collaborates with DM and Account Managers to plan, conduct and manage product evaluations and conversions in assigned target accounts. * Completes assessments of customer needs for clinical education and product training. * In consultation with CBM, identifies resources and develops coverage plan and metrics for clinical education and product training in target accounts. * Collaborates with DM and Account Managers to identify tactics to drive early adoption and account penetration in assigned accounts. * Utilizes clinical and product portfolio knowledge to conduct consultative calls/meetings with HCPs and decision makers in all market segments. * Leverages knowledge of S&N Integrity selling process for AWM portfolio of products
Education and Product Training
* Maintains comprehensive knowledge of references for clinical research and evidence that supports key marketing messages and focus brands. * Maintains comprehensive product knowledge of all focus brands. * Provides formal presentations to a variety of audiences/venues (corporate, sales, marketing, physicians, high level decision makers) * Participates with initial and on-going product in-services of acute care, long term care and home care agencies utilizing a variety of media and resources. * Maintains knowledge of formal complaint process. Initiates and completes documentation as appropriate. * Provides clinical education and consultation to Account Managers. * Demonstrates comprehensive and technical level of product knowledge and clinical evidence. * Leverages clinical expertise to support clinical peers and sales team thru FST role, WCE participation, and sales team presentations. * Collaborates in the development of educational and marketing tools * Develops education content for submission to PRC
* Utilizes clinical expertise and business knowledge to develop and maintain relationships with key clinicians and opinion leaders to establish and drive clinical credibility and adoption of Smith & Nephew products. * Participates in the identification and development of health care professionals as product champions. * Identifies and develops opportunities with clinical, HCPs, and purchasing customers to generate clinical evidence, posters, case studies, other successes. * Demonstrates leadership skills and attributes to contribute to problem recognition/resolution, team building initiatives and time away coverage for CBM *
Compliance, Ethics, and Communication
* Embraces Smith & Nephew Business ethics, adheres to stated corporate compliance policies, represents Smith & Nephew appropriately at all times, and holds direct reports to the same standards. * Exhibits professionalism with Senior Leadership, marketing peers, direct reports, and all other internal and external customers. * Communicates effectively both portfolio performance and recommendations of business strategies with Senior Leadership Team and all appropriate levels of the organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* RN with acute care background preferred. Wound care certification required. * Bachelor's degree in nursing, business, or related field preferred. * Minimum 2 years industry related wound care experience. * Employed as CRS for two or more years * Consistently received CE and CM on annual reviews * Consistently demonstrates timely submission of assignments and compliance requirements
CRITICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* The position requires strong analytical abilities and the ability to conduct sophisticated needs assessments and multi-level presentations to health care executives. * Dynamic and decisive, as well as highly collaborative, with ability to work within multiple cross-functional teams. * An understanding of how clinical function ties into the success in sales as well as profitability of a company. * Able to understand the personal needs or motives of others, and appeal to people to increase their motivation * \"Hands on\" style with confidence to jump in and learn as you go * Adaptable to a fast-paced, high-growth, changing environment with a positive attitude. * Develop clinical strategy in a competitive situation * Excellent written and oral communication skills in both large and small group settings. Engaging and dynamic presentation style with the ability to effectively communicate often complex data and or clinical information to internal and external audiences. * Uses decision making skills and problem solving techniques within the context of the clinical role to manage and influence opportunities and situations. * Functions with high level of autonomy within role of clinical resource specialist. * Demonstrates an elevated level and style of communication with peers and customers that is articulate, concise, and collaborative. * Continuous Learning: Demonstrates a desire and drive to acquire additional education and training to elevate level of clinical expertise and credibility. * Demonstrates ability to challenge existing practice and process to develop improvement within work place. * Able to develop and drive implementation of multiple educational platforms, including multi-media programs * Show consistent efforts to take on additional responsibilities * Projects image as a resource, clinical and product expert to team members and is sought out as a consultant and advisor.
Associated topics: chaplain, community and in home participating, community support, liaison, pastor, program, resource worker, resource specialist, supportive service, vocational support/training
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.