Internal Communications Intern
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shutterstock's Internal Communications Intern will assist in developing communication assets for the Company and its global employee population, supporting a positive employee experience and culture.
Working with the larger internal communications team, you will be responsible for developing and writing creative stories for our intranet and other internal communication tools, as well as assisting with internal events, employee giving initiatives and team operations as needed.
Candidates should be excellent writers, thoughtful and creative thinkers, and skilled at building relationships across departments and geographies.
Note, this internship will run through mid-December with the potential for extension and will be paid hourly in addition to company perks. You must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours/week.
Responsibilities will include:
* Identify and develop new intranet content and ideas that highlight the Company and its employees.
* Support communications for HR initiatives and employee resource groups.
* Assist with program management of Shutterstock Cares, the Company's employee giving and volunteerism program.
* Support communication and event logistics for the Company's annual hackathon and other events as needed.
* Create and distribute social media content for employer branding channels
* Maintain editorial calendars for the intranet, email newsletter and other communication as needed.
* Enhance the development and maintenance of department processes and procedures.
* Research industry trends and new technologies that would help improve internal communications and employee experience.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in communications, PR, journalism, English or related field.
* 1-2+ years of experience working in communications or a related field; or currently enrolled in a graduate program.
* Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
* Basic knowledge of presentation tools, social media platforms and design tools.
* Passion for employee engagement.
* Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline and results-driven environment.
* A willingness to embrace change and adapt strategies on the fly.
* Exceptional project management and creative problem-solving skills.
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Associated topics: advertise, advertising, analyst marketing, market, marketing coordinator, marketing manager, product marketing, sales and marketing, strategist, writer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...