Compensation: $41,930.00 - $62,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Title Paramedic*
Location Bronx,NY*Position is based out of Bronx, NY
Department Field Operations
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Reports to Field Supervisor, Operations Manager
Shifts hiring Part-time, Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends
The fundamental responsibility of the EMT-P is to conserve life, to alleviate suffering, to promote health, to do no harm and to encourage the quality and equal availability of emergency medical care. The EMT-P is qualified in advanced prehospital emergency care and services by a competency-based educational program of clinical, didactic, and practice. The EMT-P is licensed to operate an emergency vehicle as well as provider of prehospital advanced life support (ALS). The standard of practice of the EMT-P shall be in accordance with the most current edition of the US DOT ?Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic: National Standard Curriculum?, as modified by the NY State DOH and NYC REMAC.DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED:
- Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness/injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
- Provides prompt and efficient care of the patient and stabilization of their condition prior to transport.
- Provides careful handling of the patient in moving to the ambulance vehicle.
- Provides safe and efficient transport of the patient while constantly monitoring the patient and providing any appropriate continuing care.
- Provides orderly transfer of the patient at destination.
- Upon arrival at destination with patient, responsible for preparing all ALS supplies and equipment to place the unit back in service.
- When necessary, in the absence of other qualified rescuers, uses basic tools and procedures to gain access to and disentangle patients who require extrication.
- In the absence of other qualified personnel, controls the accident scene, in such a way as to minimize further danger as well as controlling the actions of bystanders.
- Obtains information regarding the emergency from dispacth, communicates with other emergency services as needed during the ambulance run (proceeding to the scene, at the scene, and proceeding to the hospital), and alerting hospital emergency department staff of the arrival of patients.
- Obtains and records information for the company as well as those required by medical, legal, and health authorities. Is responsible for documenting diagnosis/illness categories and completion of all patient care related documents.
- Responsible for the full knowledge of the vehicle?s equipment and its proper use at all times.
- Makes daily checks of the vehicle equipment and systems, and completes manifest.
- Reports and relays needed repairs to supervisor and Fleet Personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining respective State and REMAC certification.
- Administers advanced pre-hospital care within the limits of licensure or certification and in accordance with approved protocols.
- Attends mandatory ALS review meetings and other required training as scheduled.
- Does not use professional knowledge and skills in any enterprise detrimental the company or to the public well being.
- Respects and holds in confidence all information of a confidential nature obtained in the course of professional work unless required by law to divulge such information.
- Maintains professional competence and demonstrates concern for the competence of other members of the EMS health care team.
- Responsible for upholding standards of practice and education.
- Adheres to standards of personal ethics, on and off duty, which reflect credit upon the profession.
- Protects the public by not delegating to persons less qualified, any service which requires the professional competence of an EMT-P.
- Refuses to participate in unethical procedures, and assumes the responsibility to expose incompetence or unethical conduct of other to the appropriate authority in a proper and professional manner.
- Performs other duties as required by respective supervisor.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 250 pounds (with assistance from one other qualified individual.
- Must be able to lift and move a 50-75 lb. ambulance stretcher with the help of one qualified individual.
- Must be able to lift a 175 lb. patient (in various positions, i.e., while lying on the floor, the bed, in an automobile, etc.) with the help of one qualified individual onto a stretcher.
- Meet minimum requirements of SCEMS Physical and Physical Assessment Test.
- Must be adaptive to work in all types of weather conditions, including, but not limited to, rain, snow, heat, etc.
- Due to the uncontrolled environment in which the EMS-Driver works, he/she may be subjected to predisposing themselves to be at risk for:
A. bodily harm
B. exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM).KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Able to drive in normal and adverse conditions.
- Skillful in thinking and acting quickly in stressful situations.
- Able to function around seriously ill or injured people in a responsible manner.
- Able to maintain harmonious relationships with fellow crew members, public safety personnel, and the general public under stressful situations.
- Good knowledge of common physical illnesses, obvious symptoms, and appropriate medical terminology.
- Skillful in the application of BLS and ALS emergency care procedures and in the use of all equipment maintained on ambulances.
- Skilled in use of locator aids to find specific locations (maps, compasses, directories, etc.).
- Has full knowledge of rules of the road for emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Able to drive in accordance with SeniorCare safety standards. Passes all driver examinations, written, and road tests.
- Avoids driving infractions, on and off duty, in accordance with Company and insurance guidelines.
- Conducts self in a professional manner while on duty and avoids inappropriate conduct, on and off duty, that may adversely affect the reputation of SCEMS.
- Able to express self effectively to both medical and lay personnel orally and written in the English language.
- Able to deal sympathetically with patients and others.
- Reflects the standards of professionalism in appearance with neatness and cleanliness.
- Has good working knowledge of all company policies pertaining to this position.
- Complete knowledge of protocols and their applications.
- Is physically fit. Meets all physical requirements for this position.
- Has no physical disability which would prohibit the lifting and carrying of heavy weight.
- Has quick reflexes and superior safe driving ability.
- Has no established medical history or other medical condition which may interfere with their ability to control and operate a motor vehicle or provide patient care.
- Must be currently NYS DOH and NYC REMAC certified as EMT-Paramedic.
- Must possess a valid driver?s license.
- Current certification as ACLS, PALS provider.
- Current BCLS certification from AHA.
TITLE: EMT- Paramedic
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Field Supervisor, Operations ManagerPandoLogic. Keywords: Operations Supervisor, Location: Bronx, NY - 10460
Associated topics: emergency medical technician, emt b, paramedic, patient transport, pmt, slh, technician ii, technician iv, technician basic, technician emergency
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...