Seeking a challenging and fast-paced work environment? Sears Auto Center is going through an exciting transformation!! Sears Auto Center is looking for professional automotive service technicians with experience and ASE certifications to join with our team. Our Technicians participate in a highly rewarding program that recognizes outstanding performance by paying our associates a lucrative base plus commission structure. With industry-leading training and strong people-focused leaders, we are committed to advancing your skills and career growth. The ideal candidate is responsible for providing professional, timely, and courteous customer service in the installation, inspection, repair, alignment, brake, and mechanical areas of the Automotive Center. As part of any Sears Auto center positions you will be responsible for providing professional, timely, and courteous customer service - helping our customers understand their auto service needs.
* Diagnoses and repairs to specifications - brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems. * Explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers * Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay ahead of the rapidly changing automotive technology world. * Demonstrates a sense of responsive urgency to every customer no matter what service is required * Uses the Quality Service Evaluation (QSE) form to understand customer service adviser's and customer service manager's instructions * Maintains an organized neat and safe bay.
* Maintains an organized neat and safe bay. * 1-2 years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience to succeed in this position. * A high level of motivation and energy and strong customer service skills are also required. * Must have a Valid Driver's License.
Advanced Technician/ Mechanic
* At least 2-3 years of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience * 5 ASE certifications are preferred for this position. * You'll also need a high level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude. * Must have a Valid Driver's License.
* 5+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem- solving and repair experience as you mentor and teach Teammates while discussing problems with customers * You will also need strong leadership skills and a customer-focused attitude to go along with a high level of motivation and energy. * 8 ASE certifications are required. * Must have a Valid Driver's License.
Education Requirements: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Driver's License Required: Yes
Travel Requirements: Yes
Age Requirement: 18+
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.