Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents
* Must be able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations
* Responsible for performing quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor's work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts
* Monitor the construction contractor's quality assurance and safety program
* Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly
* Monitor construction progress vis-?-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on field inspections
* Understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have a basic understanding of the principals of his/her engineering discipline and how it fits in with other engineering disciplines
* Review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications
* Perform technical inspections of the mechanical elements of the project
* Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent's area of expertise
* Formulate solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager
* Work on the NEC site construction will be performed to U.S. standards; the incumbent should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures
* Review design documents (drawings and specifications) that the A/E prepares as well as perform quality assurance for the construction project in his/her technical area of expertise
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* A minimum of 7 years of on-site vertical construction experience (mechanical field inspection activities on buildings). Your resume must clearly demonstrate this required background.
* Possess excellent writing skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word.
* Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service at the time of consideration.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Overseas experience preferred
WORK LOCATION: KAMPALA, UGANDA (U.S. EMBASSY)
PROJECT DURATION: 41 MONTHS WITH EXPECTED FOLLOW ON WORK WITHIN THE OBO PROGRAM