An internship with SAP is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The primary responsibility of the Qualtrics Sales Development Intern is to build pipeline and uncover new opportunities for our field sales organization within the SuccessFactors & recently acquired Qualtrics line of business. This integral role within the sales team partners with Sales Development Reps & Account Executives on account strategy while leveraging SAP’s internal resources to help drive opportunities to closure.
- Creating and prioritizing strategic cold-calling and prospecting initiatives to generate new business in the form of qualified opportunities to build sales pipeline
- Conducting high level qualifying conversations with an HR audience in a consultative approach over the telephone
- Following up on leads and conducting research to identify potential prospects within defined territories/vertical segments
- Building cross-departmental trusted relationships and understanding operational business processes/challenges linked to the corporate strategic goals of our prospective customers and connecting these with the SAP SuccessFactors & Qualtrics portfolio of solutions
- Meeting and exceeding key KPIs – completed appointments, qualified opportunities, and pipeline progression
- Identifying key decision makers within prospective accounts to determine budget and timeline
- Building and cultivating prospect relationships by initiating communication and conducting appropriate follow-up in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
THE DAY TO DAY:
- In this role, you will be working alongside your peers making outbound calls into senior level HR decision makers in an open environment.
- 60% of your time will be spent over the phone with prospects; 20% of your time will be spent on research, account planning and strategy; 20% of your time will be spent sending follow up emails and promoting local/virtual events.