The Ross Stores' Fashion Office provides merchants with relevant trend and fashion insights that help inform better buying decisions. The Manager, Fashion Office position is a newly created role as part of the expansion of the successful Fashion Office. This is an opportunity to play a key role in contributing to the short and long-term growth of the company. This role will focus specifically on Ladies Dresses.
* Work with merchants to continually influence the vision and execution of trends. Communicate and partner with the merchants to ensure assortment mix reflects fashion goals. On an ongoing basis, assist merchants with product development and translation of key trends relevant to the Ross customer. * Analyze current trend selling and leverage insights to drive inventory flow and sales. * Develop strong working relationships with trend resources and key, up front fashion vendors. Leverage professional network to gain insights into key trends and opportunities for Ross. Utilize fashion resources including trend services to inform and influence fashion point of view * Regularly attend trade shows, shop the market and the competition to help infuse newness and diversity into the assortment * Distill large amounts of fashion information into big ideas. Focus on trends that have the potential to drive the business. * Partner with Fashion Office supervisor to establish and implement a cohesive vision, structure and process for the function. * Hindsight current seasonal results and develop action plans for next season. * Possess ability to project future trends and analyze current business at hand.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* 8 plus years of experience. This may include time spent as a Buyer in department stores, off- price, specialty stores, mass merchants/big box and E-commerce or wholesale. * Must have strong experience in specific product category: Ladies dresses. * Candidate may currently be in any of the following areas: * Fashion or Trend Office within a retail organization * Merchandising role within a retail organization with experience in/exposure to private brand/product development * Private brand/product development role within a retail organization with prior buying background * Currently a fashion expert in Ladies Dresses with knowledge of market trend identification. Familiar with product development process and understands construction and fabrications. * Strong sense of fashion, styles, trends and brands combined with a successful track record of identifying key, actionable trends and business opportunities. * Leadership skills which demonstrate the ability to inspire enthusiasm, enhance productivity and individual growth, ensure effectiveness and foster loyalty.
* Strong project management, time management skills and planning and organizing skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Effective at working ahead of the Ross buying calendar on trends. * Ability to envision and create own presentations. Skilled in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook.) * 4 year degree is preferred.
About Ross Stores:
Ross Stores, Inc. is an S&P 500, Fortune 500 and Nasdaq 100 (ROST) Company headquartered in Dublin, California, with fiscal 2018 revenues of $15 billion. The Company operates Ross Dress for Less? (\"Ross\"), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States with 1,480 locations in 38 states, the District of Columbia and Guam. The Company also operates over 230 dd's DISCOUNTS? locations in 18 states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at everyday savings.
The company's merchandise mix and assortments are constantly evolving as merchants and planners focus on what customers want to buy and respond by delivering great discounts on a wider variety of name brand merchandise. With its solid management team, proven off-price concept, strong cash flow and return on equity, Ross is ideally positioned to successfully execute its growth strategies.
At Ross you will find:
* A career that fits you
* Amazing culture and people
* Big company with a family feeling
* Customer focus
Are you ready for the next big move in your career? We look forward to hearing from you!
The culture demands hands-on, close engagement at all levels, and the ability to think and act strategically. Within this culture, there are many opportunities to attain and even exceed personal goals quickly while partnering with professionals across multiple categories. This creates a win-win culture with a rigorous standard of performance for everyone.
Structured for growth and profitability, individuals are measured on performance rather than process. What this yields is an environment that is invigorating and offers a clear, compelling reward system for the team.
Additional information is available at:
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.