R0013329 - Sourcing Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Refinitiv Sourcing 9/20/2019 2:02:26 PM New York, NY United States of America
POSITION SUMMARY & PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
To source software (including Software as a Service) and hardware in support of global goals. Must be able to construct and deliver sourcing strategies and solutions via project activity and category plans in order to support the Refinitiv business objectives. Results are expected to deliver optimal cost and value benefits to the company. Will be responsible for managing key assigned suppliers including competitive market research, RFx opportunity identification and contract negotiations.
Must be able to build relationships, influence, and win support from senior internal and external executives and key stakeholders within the company.
Must have a clear understanding of stakeholder needs and technical aspects of the sourcing function and related policies in order to organize, develop and manage projects efficiently to deliver products and services to internal clients.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
* Work as a team leader or team member in the deal requirements process, including Request for Proposal (RFP) process, researching stakeholder requirements, documenting RFP, and coordinating all surrounding activities
* Follow best practices in the acquisition of technology products by recommending appropriate suppliers, costs, and processes
* Evaluate and analyze supplier proposals
* Review, redline, and negotiate contracts.
* Possess knowledge primarily of software and SaaS contracts with working knowledge of Hardware
* Excellent working knowledge of contract terminology in order to mitigate risks
* Negotiate commercial terms in order to obtain savings
* Lead or participate in project teams, working with stakeholders and sourcing management
* Develop and maintain supplier relationships in partnership with vendor management
* Participate in vendor performance reviews with key suppliers and internal stakeholders in partnership with vendor management to evaluate supplier performance and make recommendations to address issues and leverage opportunities
* Create category plans and supplier profiles
* Work with and across stakeholder groups to define needs and aggregate wherever possible
* Act as liaison between the stakeholder and the supplier to determine optimal approach to meeting validated business requirements
* Provide feedback to stakeholders and management regarding status of projects and initiatives
* Provide education and guidance to stakeholders regarding value of adopting and complying with purchasing policies, procedures, tools, and processes
* Build strong stakeholder relationships in order to become an integral sourcing partner to help meet their business requirements
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of IT software and hardware categories and supply markets
* Working knowledge of technology software suppliers in security, marketing, development, database, etc.
* Professional written and verbal communication skills.
* Advanced knowledge of software and licensing contract terminology
* Proven negotiation skills
* Excellent project management skills
* Knowledge of sourcing principles and process
* Excellent relationship management skills
* Strong skill in use of Microsoft Office
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Solid experience within strategic sourcing experience including but not limited to category level responsibilities in software and other IT categories.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
New York-New York-United States of America
Req #: R0013329
Locations: New York-New York-United States of America
Job Function: Sourcing
Apply Now >>
Share This Job
Loading some great jobs for you...